Ending -- *SPOILERS*

Ideas?

I didn't mind the ending, it was good, but I would have preferred that Issac survive.

Although, I guess at the VERY end (just before the main menu) Issac does Comm. for Ellie, who knows?!

To be honest though, I think it was just so they could come back to it with Dead Space 4, like I said though who knows...

Anyway, what did you think, and do you think there will be a Dead Space 4?  Should there be or is this a good place to end it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There will be other Dead Space games as long as fans support the franchise. I love Isaac but I don't know if he should continue on, there are other story they can tellI. I would have loved to see Carver, not sure if he is dead but him surviving doesn't seem likely unfortunately. Maybe they will revisit Carver in some DLC's.

I'd say a Dead Space 4 would depend on how well this game sells. I didn't like the ending it seemed unnecessary, i don't  understand why Issac had to be their to destroy the marker, had Carver gave his life so Issac could have the chance live with Ellie and be a good husband/father that Carver wasn't could have something that would allow carver to feel good about his death and be his chance at redemption. Also, didn't care for how the personalities seemed to flip flop at the end. Just my opinion tough.

there are other moons out there so there will be a 4th one

[quote user="Btane"]

Ideas?

I didn't mind the ending, it was good, but I would have preferred that Issac survive.

Although, I guess at the VERY end (just before the main menu) Issac does Comm. for Ellie, who knows?!

To be honest though, I think it was just so they could come back to it with Dead Space 4, like I said though who knows...

Anyway, what did you think, and do you think there will be a Dead Space 4?  Should there be or is this a good place to end it.

[/quote]

Isaac is indestructible, he can't die and if he did he'll be found by some ship crossing his path while he's floating lifelessly in space and then they'll resurrect him Mass Effect style to fight the good fight yet again. Truthfully I think the series needs to go with a new character. Perhaps a female character. Instead of being an engineer she could be part of a planet terraforming crew with the bad luck to settle on one of the other moons or something idk lol. The ending boss battle was a lot better than the ending for DS2 imo though.

I really preferred the end to DS2 and Isaac's battle within himself and how the markers had twisted his mind.  This was an ok end though, and I kinda feel like it wasn't Isaac speaking at the very end because of the  helmet breathing sound and Isaac admitting to a one way trip.  I feel like it was more of Ellie's mind playing tricks on her much like Isaac's did with Nicole.  I feel like, with all of the Brother Moons still out there, and the original black marker still being on Earth, there is plenty of space for more story.

Maybe he found a helmet from a busted up kiosk.

I don't know about a female lead, those are always tricky. They kind of messed up Ellie for this game so I rather keep a guy as the main character. If they do go a female route they should NEVER put a significant other in the game again unless he is haunting her (like Nicole did Isaac or like Carver's wife).

[quote user="DocHolliday 7"]

Maybe he found a helmet from a busted up kiosk.

[/quote]Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't an entire moon crash into the planet he was on, and wouldn't he have been somewhere near the center of where that moon   crashed at?

Hey, we heard his voice. Isaac does seem to be pretty darn indestructible.If the ending of Mass Effect 3 can have all types of space magic at play, why can't Dead Space?

Maybe when the moon crashed, Isaac ended up in a soft spot in the moon, found a helmet and was then able to breathe. Anything is possible...anything.

Hearing his voice and him being alive is more likely than him being dead (and it's in Ellie's head - there's nothing to suggest that).

Nope there isn't, just my personal wishes on where the series would go.  Not with Ellie in the lead but back to the more psychosis of Dead Space and the markers.