Ending (Obvious Spoilers)

I know there are 10 billion other threads on the ending, but i wanted to make my own.

I just finished the game 10 minutes ago and I have to say i am kinda disappointed in the way one of my favorite games ended. I went into the end of the game with a galactic readiness of 100% and around 7010 effective military readiness,and my paragon was full except for a few renegade like killing kylan, and shooting udina, so if your ending was different let me know.

I feel like all three choices suck and ruin all of the decisions i made leading up to mass effect 3.

1. The control ending ( If I'm getting it right) has you becoming the new catalyst and controlling the reapers, which stops them from attacking earth and puts them back into dark space. This to me is stupid because since Shepard is gonna live forever whose to say he wont go crazy and attack organic life again? Also it seems like he is doing just what the illusive man would want him to do

2.Destroy the reapers. Would be the choice i would pick, until i was told all synthetic life would die also. So I get the Geth and Quarians to live in harmony and get EDI to become a fully realized individual in a relationship, and they want me to kill them because they might revolt.The AI talks about how organic and synthetic life will always fight and revolt, but what about organics and synthetics fighting each other like the Krogan rebellions and the two Geth factions? To me this ending is just as bad as the first, and if there was a dialog option you could have told the AI that about the Geth and EDI, and maybe it could have only targeted the reapers.

3. The synthesis ending. If you have a high enough military readiness then you get the third choice which lets you re-write the DNA of everything in the universe. Which when you see joker get off Normandy he has a greenish glow to his eyes, and his skin looks like it has a circuit board in it. So I am changing all life throughout the universe while stranding all of the Alien fleets that came at  my calling to Earth to help defeat the Reapers because all the mass relays are gone. So i guess its too bad for the Quarians who just got Rannoch back, and for the Krogan who are now able to successfully reproduce ( if you cured the genophage). I know there are other krogan, but Wrex and grunt seemed like the best hope for the krogan race.

I chose the Synthesis ending because it seemed like the least crappy out of all the crappy endings to me. I would have liked a different ending for the game, but I wanted some pay back against the Reapers for all that they did throughout the past games, and for Mordin and Thane dieing. I thought the crucible would do something like take all of the reapers shields down throughout the galaxy and make it easier for the Alliance fleet take them out. I loved the rest of the game but it felt like they just got lazy towards the end. Let me know what you think

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Also why the hell did the citadel blow up during the cut sceen. Did that happen to anyone else

I went the evil way and distroyed all life in the Galaxy i was wondering where do i find the other way?

i also chose the synthesis ending....what a load of crap

Laziness is an understatement for the ending.  Someone forgot to show up for work on the day they were supposed to input the Renegade and Paragon choices for the ending.  Whoever that was also forgot to include the cinematics of all of the different War Asset acquisitions whooping some Reaper butt.  

I chose destroy the Reapers..turned out EA had disconnected me from the servers so my readiness wasn't high enough for Shepherd to live.

Still think the oddest part is that nobody seems concerned that this strands the survivors of the final battle in the Local Cluster

I also destroyed the Reapers and I was most concerned with the fact that Tali (my LI) was stranded away from Ronnoch. The way I saw it, getting rid of all Synthetic was a "reboot" to the Universe. Sure they might come back, but that allowed Organic life to choose it's own path. Forcing Evolution was too much like "playing God" for my tastes, and as the OP pointed out - even if Shepard became the new reaper mind, who's to say the Cycle wouldn't begin again... actually that last ending, now that I think about it, is more like the ending of Diablo! In the first game you defeat Diablo, then drive the Soul Shard into yourself to re-imprison him again and look how that turned out. That, more than any other reason, is probably why I don't trust that ending the most.

The sad thing is that Tali and Garrus are probably going to starve to death given that quarians and turians can't eat the same food as the other races, so the future is pretty bleak for them. Though I suppose the Synthesis ending might let them survive on that planet.

-

One of the things that does puzzle me though is how did the Protheans design the Cruicible to take advantage of the Catalyst that they didn't know was there. Having it make use of the Citadel makes sense, it controls all the Mass Relays after all, but they didn't know Star-Child was there so how was it an essential part.

Yeah, I was concerned for Tali during my original ending too. I didn't spend all that time romancing her to let her starve.

[quote user="voteDC"]

One of the things that does puzzle me though is how did the Protheans design the Cruicible to take advantage of the Catalyst that they didn't know was there. Having it make use of the Citadel makes sense, it controls all the Mass Relays after all, but they didn't know Star-Child was there so how was it an essential part.

[/quote]

1) The Prothean VI explained that. Javik didn't know what it was because he wasn't a scientist. But that's also how tIM knew about it and why he told the Reapers about it. They knew the Catalyst was the Citadel, just not "what" the Catalyst was.

2) They Protheans didn't design the Catalyst. I think the VI on Thesia explains that the designs for the Catalyst is always there, they just get augmented every cycle in a goal for completion. Even they aren't sure how it works so they aren't aware of the essential element save for it needing to use the reaper tech from the Citadel as the "Catalyst".

Again, these are names we're giving the tech. The reapers wouldn't have called the "star-child" the Catalyst, but organics just knew something needed to act as the "spark" which I assumed would be Shepard somehow (I mean, I saw last season of Fringe. I know how these things go.)

Well if we take what the Star-Child tells us as truth, no-one knew that the Catalyst/Star-Child was there before this cycle.

-

So how could the Protheans make their additions to the design of the Crucible, even if it was going to make use of the Citadel, to make use of something they didn't know existed.

-

The Star-Child/Catalyst was essential to the operation of the Crucible yet no-one knew it was there. You don't design thing to take advantage of things that, as far as you are aware, don't exist.

Right. No one knew what the Catalyst was and he only reveals himself because the humans/Shepard has throw the plan out of whack by their actions and determination. All the Protheans did was to start building the design and then add on what they thought needed to make it work. All they knew was that the Crucible was designed to harness the power of Reaper Technology - ie, the Citadel. It's like having the plans for a gun and knowing where to find a bullet. You might improve the design by using more efficient springs or lighter materials that counter friction but you won't know that the hammer of the gun is supposed to strike the firing pin on the bullet itself until you get your hands on one.

People also didn't know where Keeper came from or went to, or how they were controlled in ME1 - so there's a lot about the Citadel (and by extensions the Crucible) that they just took on faith and operating by design.