Endgame question about Shep (spoilers)

I finished a paragon playthrough, did everything, got all my war assets up, etc.  Shep lives to the point where he can make one of his three choices.  My question is, if I do a fast play with a renegade femshep, and only do the essential quests, will I always get at least to the point where I get the three choices?  Or is it possible to see Shep killed before ever getting to that point?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can die on the way to the final choice but you also have the option to restart as at any point in the game.

-

If you don't have a high enough EMS at the end you wont be able to pick all three choices.

some people are getting an ending where Shepard takes a breath at the very end.  I had an effective military strength of 5885 and didnt get that ending, so I assume he died...I destroyed the Reapers (red choice)

[quote user="fuzzyearlobes"]

some people are getting an ending where Shepard takes a breath at the very end.  I had an effective military strength of 5885 and didnt get that ending, so I assume he died...I destroyed the Reapers (red choice)

[/quote]

You also need to make certain dialog choices during the level to attain the "breath" scene. Or at least that seems to be how it works.

------

I did it both paragon and renegade, and it still didnt work.  

According to folk on the BSN, you need an EMS over 6000 in order to get the 'breath' scene.

That isn't true.

I got the Shep Breath scene with a EMS of 4100.

I can't remember how much I had at the end but I also got the breath scene, so it's good to know you don't have to get such a high number.

I think all you need is 4000.

You need to keep Anderson from being Shot too.

No Anderson died, and my Shepard still lived. I had over 6000 EMS.