End Game Spawn Killing

Why oh why oh why is your deployment not out of bounds for the opposition (CTF) ? All night teams have been camping in our spawn, sometimes BEHIND it! Stealing vehicles is far too easy and in some cases is a bit of a game breaker. Ridiculous.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey Andy! Just so you know, we are not DICE/EA.  We are Xbox users just like you that enjoy talking about Battlefield. :)

Thats just the COD kids playing BF3 and spawn killing. Squad up, use Recon, use beacon. Problem solved?

I've found two easy solutions.

1. Play recon, do the same to them. Put a beacon as far back in their spawn as you can.

-

2. Take a shotgun, find their beacon in your spawn, and lay into them when they spawn. Or if they are parachuting in, shoot them out of the sky.

best solution is to just leave that server and let it die, then the game owner will learn to admin better to kick the unsporting players.

here is the reason that the base spawns are open in ENDGAME

because of CTF

if the spawns were off limits then the side that is winning could just bring a flag back and hold it in their spawn till the timer ended. so the spawn is open and the other team can come in to get their flag back.

now players who spawn camp and spawn destroy equipment are unsporting players and love dead servers.

remember it's just a game have fun give the other team a chance if your team is dominating just back off a little this will also not kill a server.... were a server that has a side that is spawn camped will die out in a few rounds of doing that.

I admin a server we kick players as a warning who are caught doing lame desperate tactics like that, we could do it too but we want players in our server so we don't do that, this gives us some much better games and we get players favoring and coming back to play.

Welcome to the real Battlefield?

I usually just stay close to the outskirts of their area in a hidden spot and let my squad-mates spawn on me. In CTF, spawn camping is an acceptable tactic, even though it bugs the *** outta me when the other team does it, but I never resort to taking the other teams vehicles that are still in their general spawning area (outside of that, it's open season). I always try to play as fairly as possible but if the other team starts doing cheap ***, I either leave or do the same to them until the game ends, I die, or get kicked. I wish there could be an option for admins to just go into ghost mode and watch the battlefield for those people so you can kick them easier, but I know it would just make the 12 yr olds feel like they have more power than they need.

The enemy's flag is in their spawn...

So doesn't it logically follow that: spawn camping = playing the objective?

I understand that players would attempt to take the flag into their deployment zones so why not just force flag drop at the point where it would be out of bounds for the other team. Just as it does when you take the flag off the playable map area.

Deployment is generally just behind the flag base. I've found in some games, when you spawn in there's opposition players behind you... Thats not playing the objective imo.

[quote user="STAndy04"]

I understand that players would attempt to take the flag into their deployment zones so why not just force flag drop at the point where it would be out of bounds for the other team. Just as it does when you take the flag off the playable map area.

Deployment is generally just behind the flag base. I've found in some games, when you spawn in there's opposition players behind you... Thats not playing the objective imo.

[/quote]

That would imply I have to spawn a decent distance behind my flag. I don't want that; I want to spawn at my flag. If I spawn behind it, then the enemy could still spawn camp me and actually cut me off from my own flag.

If there were out of bounds spawns, the enemy would just take your flag and then go hide until the timer runs out. Sound like fun?