enchanting

can anyone tell me where i can find a detect life enchantment for sale, also a night eye or light enchantment so i can see in the dark rather than using torches?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Tolfdir is an elderly mage who lives in the College of Winterhold. (Detect Life)

Night Eye is a Kajiit species exclusive now.

If I'm not misremembering you get a detect life as the reward for the side quest at Treva's Watch. You have to infiltrate the fort and open the gate. Be sure to doing the way you're told or they won't come in and you won't get your reward.  The Aura Whisper shout also detects life.

But you cannot enchant items with these spells.....

^That. OP was asking for enchantments for these things. In Skyrim they simply don't exist. elderscrolls.wikia.com/.../Enchanting_%28Skyrim%29

I'm pretty sure you could in Oblivion?  Maybe that's why he got confused.

A lot of things from Oblivion are not avaliable in Skyrim.  Like weapon degrading, a decent map that shows main roads, and seeing other races like Orcs and Khajiits...

(I've played for 20 hours and the only Ocs, Khajiits, and Argonians I've seen are in the loading screens lol)

It is because of the lore. Orcs in Skyrim are traditionally supposed to stay in their Strongholds. Khajiit are native to rainforests and hot deserts and hot places, so not many go to Skyrim. There are a few that take advantage of the situation in Skyrim and made trade routes in Caravans. Argonians are the same as the Khajiit in that they are usedto warm weather. They work docks in Riften and Windhelm.

[quote user="implantedwall14"]

It is because of the lore. Orcs in Skyrim are traditionally supposed to stay in their Strongholds. Khajiit are native to rainforests and hot deserts and hot places, so not many go to Skyrim. There are a few that take advantage of the situation in Skyrim and made trade routes in Caravans. Argonians are the same as the Khajiit in that they are usedto warm weather. They work docks in Riften and Windhelm.

[/quote]

Funny that because as soon as I posted that, I arrived in Riften and met my first Khajiit and Argonian.  Then I started the "A Night To Remember" quest and met an Orc.

It's nice to know I'm not the only Khajiit in Skyrim, haha.