Enchanting help

I'm new to all the enchanting stuff, is the only way to learn an enchantment, to disenchant a weapon/armour that already has it? I really want the markman/archery enchantment for my stuff, but not sure where to start looking.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes.  Find something with an enchantment and destroy it to learn that particular one.  It's a tough decisions sometimes.  I had bracers with a 25% bonus to archery, and had to decide whether or not to do this.  It's worth it in the long run though.

The items are random, as well.  So just keep looting and eventually you'll get one.  I've always noticed that more loot seems to drop for your particular build as well, so this could be part of the radiant story.

It's a pain you can't learn them any other way :( but just reading up on getting alchemy potions to make your smithing and enchanting stronger.

Alchemy, enchanting, and smithing are your best friends in this game. Maxing these out enabled me to get my dedric armor set up to 2079 total armor and my dedric mace up to 606 damage.

I have been giving lots of hints toward enchanting and even have several posts about it but here are 2 very important hints for beginners.  

1.  You only need to disenchant an item 1 time to learn its enchantment. (Example: magica regen, fire resistance, weight gain, frost resistance, bow improvement)  Then you can apply this knowledge as many times as you want.  

2.  If you have an item that gives 5 bonus and another item that gives 25 bonus,  they will both give the exact same "knowledge" when disenchanted.  So this means disenchant lower cheaper items to learn their knowledge. So disenchanting an item worth 200 gold will get the same results as one that is worth 2,500 gold.     This is why it is best to disenchant early in the game while the low items are available. Because as you level up, these lower enchanted items become very hard to find.  

Yea I get ya, thanks :)

What I think I want is the thieves guild armour to increase my lockpicking, sneaking etc but a necklace and a ring to make my archery alot better.

I have enchanted necklaces and rings for just about everything.  I also have some for my follower.  If I put all my enchanted items on myself and my follower to allow us to carry more weight, we can carry around 1,000.  lol     Rings and necklaces are easily the best items in the game to enchant because they are so light and you can just swap them instantly depending on your situation.  Plus dont forget you can rename enchanted items to whatever name you want!!

If you get your enchanting level high enough you can put 2 enchantments on each item so you can boost your offensive/defensive stats and still increase your carry weight.

Just wish I could find these fortify - alchemy,smithing,archery stuff lol :(

[quote user="Waykam"]

If you get your enchanting level high enough you can put 2 enchantments on each item so you can boost your offensive/defensive stats and still increase your carry weight.

[/quote]

I am level 80 enchanting and even I dont have that unlocked yet. Thats why I didnt even bother mentioning that perk.  But yes eventually you can dual enchant items but thats much later in the game.