Enchanting fast leveling. Any ideas?

I need to know how to get my enchanting up super fast. Its @ 69 right now and I need it @ 100 so I can put 2 enchantments on my armors and weapons. Im online now if you do got the answer. ty

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Here's how I did it, not sure if this is the most efficient, but I leveled up rather quickly.  I picked up every piece of jewelry I found along the way (I also picked up glass or ebony weapons/armor).  I also filled as many soul gems as I could along the way, esp grand and black.  Then when it was time to enchant, I used the best soul gems I had available on the best piece of jewelry and I found the enchantment that was worth the most gold.  I seem to remember archery was quite high.  I just worked my way down from best jewelry and best soul gem to worst, until one or the other ran out.

The basic concept is that the most additional value you add, the more progress you make to the next level.

Hopefully someone else can give you more specific details on the best items to use.

"The basic concept is that the most additional value you add, the more progress you make to the next level".

I don't think this is right. This is true for Alchemy, but I didn't notice this being the case with Enchanting. It's basically just a grind, so lots of Soul Gems + lots of items to enchant = success.

Make sure to go to the Mages stones to increase your leveling.   If you want you can hope right across the river from there to Ansie's Cabin and she has an Enchantment table in her basement.   She'll attack you when you leave but she isn't needed for anything.

Get as much jewelry and soul gems as you can. Then use the mage stone and rest before you enchant because that is a 30% bonus in leveling.

there's really only one way to do it and that's by enchanting stuff

Enchant everything you find? What I did.

thanx guys and ladies for the info :)

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

"The basic concept is that the most additional value you add, the more progress you make to the next level".

I don't think this is right. This is true for Alchemy, but I didn't notice this being the case with Enchanting. It's basically just a grind, so lots of Soul Gems + lots of items to enchant = success.

[/quote]

I was curious about this so I went back to an old save.  You are absolutely right, whether I used a 1500 gold ebony battleaxe or a 30 gold orcish dagger AND either a grand soul gem or a petty soul gem AND the highest enchantment or the smallest enchantment - in all situations my enchanting level went up the same amount.  I reloaded my save between each attempt.

So lots of petty soul gems and iron daggers is the cheapest way to go apparently.

I actually have been going into Enchanting with this character for lack of anything else to go into. It is actually a lot of fun to start making really powerful items. I doubt I can make anything more efficient than the Archmage Robes, though. They don't look that great but they are awesome for Mages.

I found the easiest way was to level my Smithy, Enchanting & Speech in Whiterun at the same time:

• Use the Warrior Stone  to get a 20% better return on using Smithy skill
  • Forge iron daggers (one iron ingot + one leather strip) = one iron dagger
  • Go back and use the Mage Stone  to get a 20% better return on your Enchantment skill
  • Take the daggers to Dragonreach (Proventus Avenicci's chamber to the right of the Great Hall)
  • Use Petty or Lesser Soul gems (not worth using anything more powerful that these gems)
  • Enchant the daggers with some lesser power (I used Soul Trap) - takes 6 items to raise your skill by one point (does not matter which item you enchant, they all give you the same amount of experience)
  • Use the Thief Stone  to get a 20% better return for your Speech skill
  • Sell the enchanted daggers
  • Rinse and repeat!

Quick and easy way to raise three skills ... fun for all!