EMP Question

So how does this really work.  I understand it suppose to disable anything electronic.  How come when it lands 15 feet from me, I'm effected by something that is suppose to only effect electronic stuff?  How come I take damage and why does my screen look like I've been shot? It's not like my brain is electronic.  Sometimes my vision is blurry for a couple seconds after it lands somewhere in the vicinity.  Is this how an EMP would really work? I don't know.  Is there anyone here who knows this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your helmet has a targeting type thing from Star Wars, you have that pad on your wrist for calling in killstreaks. If you get hit by it, it will damage you since it's a big hunk of metal hitting your body. It's just something having your screen/sight blurry probably wouldn't happen if it actually happened to you but they add it so that the EMPs are actually worth using. You have to remember this is a game and not everything will be correctly done.

The EMP nades probably do a small bit of "damage" as well as disabling electronics.

I dont think at this time emp grenades actually exist. But emps are caused by a nuclear blast, so I would suppose that if they did manage to build something small enough to use like a grenade there would probably still be a significant blast.

Technology for non explosive emp weapons does exist, just not in such a small form.

I did some googling out of curiosity and here are the possible effects of an emp on humans.

"Sometimes imagined to be or described as being non-lethal, electromagnetic weapons can pose definite health risks to humans.[5]

Some bio-effects of electromagnetic (radiation) weapons include effects to the human central nervous system resulting in drowsiness, localized physical pain (e.g. headaches or joint pain), difficulty breathing, vertigo, incontinence, nausea, disorientation, or other systemic discomfort. Electromagnetic radiation weapons can cause cumulative damage to the human body. Electromagnetic weapons can affect the human nervous system and might lead to diseases of the nervous system such as Primary Lateral Sclerosis.

Millimeter-wave pulses can affect the epidermis (skin) and dermis, the thick sensitive layer of skin and connective tissue beneath the epidermis that contains blood, lymph vessels, sweat glands, and nerve endings, generating a burning sensation or actual burn from as far as 700 meters"

^^Now that is cool info.Don't know why i never googled that myself.

I got itchy for some reason all over after reading that

TL,DR.

^^In short, you get hit by an EMP it can affect your nervous system and the pulses from an EMP can create a burning sensation for quite some distance...at least I think that's it.

And make you pee your pants

Maybe thats why your character kinda bends over checking himself

In short it's a very cruel weapon

I see. Thank you for summarizing, good sir.