Ellie

Ok, something's been bugging me for a long time.  Who out there is familiar with Claudia Black the actress?  I first saw her on Stargate SG1.  Only saw a few episodes but her character's personality is spot on with Ellie's.  Spunky, confident, funny, and charming.  She also has the sexiest accent.  If there was a DS movie, she would be my choice for Ellie.  Thoughts?  Who would you pick for Isaac? 

[view:http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU2NTEzNTk0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ1NTgzMQ@@._V1._SY314_CR3,0,214,314_.jpg]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I forgot to say her character in Stargate always had pigtails (otherwise known as handlebars).  That was another reason I made the connection with Ellie.  

[view:http://www.scifi.com/stargate/downloads/wallpaper/images/desktop_07_1024.jpg]

I like her, she is a great Ellie

This guy should play Isaac Clark, his name is Oscar Isaac, yes that's his real name lol

I think he looks just like Isaac Clark

Thanks for the replies.  I don't want this to sound racist, but imo he looks too Hispanic.

Claudia Black who is already in every video game anyways? It works.

he is not to hispanic please :P last time i reply to you're thread

Oh and the lady that you would want to play Ellie up there is to white, ellie is a black girl :P

[quote user="JennySparkles"]he is not to hispanic please [/quote]Jeez.  I knew EVEN AFTER my little disclaimer, an overreaction was inevitable.  I suppose I should thank you for proving my assumption correct.  Thank you.  He's not too Hispanic?  To clarify, he's too Latin.  Oscar Isaac is in fact too Latin to play DS's Isaac and retain the character's likeness.  Oscar comes from a Cuban father, and a Guatemalan mother.  Proof.  Last time I checked, those two ethnicities are not commonly associated with a Caucasian person.  Isaac is clearly Caucasian (white).  Furthermore to prove what I said was totally justified, Oscar changed his last name from Hernandez to Isaac, to "avoid being typecast in Latino roles."  Source.  Even the person in question agrees he looks the way I suggested.  I don't care what ethnicity he is.  Ethnicity has nothing to do with it, though it does.  I'm getting really sick of movie's crews changing the likeness of characters to meet their own needs.  I understand when adapting an original source to the big-screen, the back story can't be followed exactly with the allotted time.  However, the LEAST they could do is make the character look like how he or she is known to the fans that will be seeing the movie, not to mention paying them.Two immediate examples who come to mind are Michael Scott Duncan, and Samuel L. Jackson portraying their characters in Dare Devil (bad movie) and the Marvel movies (also the upcoming Avengers film), respectively.  Now those two characters happen to be two of my favorites, but I prefer to see actors in movies who look like the characters they're portraying.  It's not too much to ask.  Would I want to see a white guy play a role that up until that point was played by a black actor?  Absolutely not.