Ellie - Possible Spoilers

Did anyone have issues with the way Ellie was portrayed in contrast with DS2?  I thought she was a very strong character in DS2, but in the latest, she got *** implants and just seemed to be a trophy to be fought over.  Even in the instances where she was clicking buttons etc, it just didn't seem like the Ellie from DS2.

Maybe it's just me, and its actually a very small critique of the game, it certainly didn't ruin it for me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah and I noticed that she looked a lot different too. Her face looks nothing like the Ellie from DS2 imo. lol

She was a BadAzz in DS2.  She does seem kinda fragile in this one.

The Ellie I know, wouldn't be dating that turd of a boyfriend (who had the dialog of a 12 year old). She was a little different in this one, but overall she was still Ellie.

Yea Ellie could feed a family of four with her new chest. Anyway i recently beat the game and the characters didn't really seem to know who they were. No spoilers but they would make a decision that would contradict what they had done the whole game. As for Ellie i could understand if the events on Tidman station changed her but we didn't really get to see her change maybe the DLC will help.

^ I thought the dialog vs decisions/actions was very inconsistent at times. I blame that on the writers. And Turner was an absolute joke. His 5th grade mentality and voice acting belonged in a game for children, not Dead Space. They could've made him the jealous boyfriend, but at an adult level. Without spoiling it, the game got a lot more enjoyable the last half, for a reason.

[quote user="DocHolliday 7"]

^ I thought the dialog vs decisions/actions was very inconsistent at times. I blame that on the writers. And Turner was an absolute joke. His 5th grade mentality and voice acting belonged in a game for children, not Dead Space. They could've made him the jealous boyfriend, but at an adult level. Without spoiling it, the game got a lot more enjoyable the last half, for a reason.

[/quote]Well massive spoilers ahead for anybody who hasn't beat the game but  i agree his character could have been so much better, he was supposed to be in charge and the last of earth gov fighting to save the world and kill unitoligists, but he was a terrible leader, incredibly dumb and immature. He could have been a cool guy who helped motivate Issac who never wanted to go on the mission to begin with and try to calm down and humanize an emotionally damaged Carver, or really anything else would have been better. Then the end. (spoilers) but i didn't do co-op so maybe Carver grew a lot from the point of killing Santos to the end but he just tosses over the key (can't remember what it's called) when the whole game he was like mission over all. And Issac who couldn't give up on Ellie let her "die" with out any fight at all. The more i think about it the more i see how bad the writing was, not a bad game but could have been better. 

^ My thoughts on Carver exactly. That whole conflict thing at the end (re: Ellie) didn't make sense. It's like Isaac and Carver swapped brains.

Yeah they eff'd Ellie up. I just told my boy Thookins that I don't like who they made her the typical female. Lame bf and then she got mad at Isaac for protecting himself, smh.

I found the whole story more gripping than in the previous games.  Especially the Ellie aspect.  But yeah, she wasn't as much of a bad*** as she was in the last game.  Her new look is... interesting.  For some reason when I see her I want to steer a motorboat this way and that.  

Ellie is a bimbo in DS3. They completely made her character weaker by having her as a love interest. IMO I really didn't like that part of DS3.