Elite???

Will BO2 follow in MW3 footsteps or go back to the way BO was? I'm just curious how the DLC and ingame features will work. I didn't care for MW3's feel compared to BO's.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Blops2 will use Elite but there is no info yet on how content drops will work. I don't play MW3 so I have no real opinion on how their system works but I never had a problem with the way Blops did their map pack releases.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

I doubt we get the same way it was for Black Ops, but I hope to god they make some kind of change to the way they do the DLC because it's a mess and confusing as hell with MW3 right now.

The only things we know for sure right now is that Call of Duty Black Ops 2 will be using ELITE and that all content drops (DLC) will be available first on Xbox 360, again. Let's just hope that Treyarch has a big influence with ELITE. I've always liked the leaderboards and statistics in-game on Black Ops.

Please... no Face Off maps for Black Ops.....   People feel cheated right now for Elite... its going to hurt Black OPs 2 Elite Sales with the way Activision has been handling Elite....  Black Ops 1 had a better Stat manager and it was FREE.....

[quote user="LORD TSARKON"]Please... no Face Off maps for Black Ops.....   People feel cheated right now for Elite... its going to hurt Black OPs 2 Elite Sales with the way Activision has been handling Elite....  Black Ops 1 had a better Stat manager and it was FREE.....[/quote]

Im not getting elite again just for that exact reason and the clan ops is all a good % of cheaters. Also im sure elite will be the same for Bops2 same thing im sure.

Thanks to everyone for their reply. It sounds like alot of you feel that Elite is not worth it. I feel the same way and if BO2 follows MW3 and not the same way it did in BO, this will be the first COD I don't buy on the first day of release. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Here's hoping....

I got the hardened edition MW3 otherwise I would have waited on buying elite. I haven't played MW3 since December and I would have been pretty upset if I bought it and hardly used it. If they're going to put a price tag on something they should at least make it worth it.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Well OP, you can still just buy the DLC when it drops (just like "it used to be") or you can get Elite. And its safe to say Elite or map packs will also be available in BO2.

I guess I'm a little old school. I don't see the issues of leaving the DLC the way it was before MW3. I know I don't have to buy Elite. But, if you want to get the maps early (before none Elite) you must buy the service.

In the end it doesn't seem to matter what I think about Elite. Elite will more likely be in BO2 and I will just pass on it like I did for MW3. The DLC will come out sooner or later and this may not be a day one buy for me because of Elite.

[quote user="LORD TSARKON"]

Please... no Face Off maps for Black Ops.....  

[/quote]

What is Face Off exactly? I heard about it elsewhere and people didn't like it. Was it something like small 2 v 2 maps?

-

That's half the reason why I canceled MW3 Hardened (other half being that I knew MW3 was going to suck, period): I figured that some of the DLC may be campaign/Spec Ops and even MP maps that I wouldn't like. Even at a discount, buying Elite for DLC or features you don't like (not completely knowing if you will ahead of time) sucks.

-

Maybe it won't be so bad if Spec Ops missions are replaced with Zombie maps in BO2. That and I think 3A is overall better at everything than IW at COD.