Elite in Blops2?

Will Black Ops 2 have the Elite system from MW3?

And will the subscription from MW3's elite carry over into Black Ops 2?

Like, if I buy Call of Duty: Elite right now for 4000msp, assuming Blops2 comes out Holiday 2012, will I get all the DLC for MW3 and a few pieces of DLC for Blops2 with this current membership? Or will I have to buy it all over again?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you buy it now, it will get you all the mw3 dlc, any blops2 dlc will need to be purchased seperately I would think?

Blips 2 will have Elite 2.0. What that is or includes is not announced yet.

Probably what Capt said. Buy now get MW3 stuff, buy "Hardened" BOs2 and get that stuff then.

But then what's the point of it renewing yearly?

^^So you think if you buy it next year, you should get the MW3 DLC also? I would think that as you buy a new COD, there will be a code for Elite (with Hardened Edition) in the box, but Im not sure. I do know I got a message from Elite earlier in the release of MW3 that stated I will get an extra 30 days of Elite next year, but I dont really know what that means.

Yes actually, you should get every elite 1.0 piece.

It just has been so poorly explained.

"Get a new piece of DLC monthly for 9 months"

Like there will be more DLC after 9 months, they usually only bring out 3 map packs at most per game.

"Subscription renews yearly for $49.99"

What would be the point unless it carries over?

So, Jerome W. of Activision live support said that the "Elite membership should carry on through to the next game".

I brought up the "Should" part of that sentence, and asked "Will it?". He replied "Yes it will".

"Elite is a system that is there to support all future titles of Call of Duty"

So if I buy MW3 used next year after BOs2 comes out, then purchase Elite, I will get all the DLC for MW3 for free and for BOs2, even if I dont own BOs2? Doesnt sound right.

I think it's like a season pass. You will get all DLC "in season", a la Bo2.