El Shaddai: Rise of the Metatron - Surprisingly Good

So I downloaded the El Shaddai: Rise of the Metatron demo from the Marketplace since i was bored and wanted something fun to try out. I never kept tabs on this game prior to the demo, but I did see occasional pictures of it and it looked original. I had no idea. I have to say, this game was surprisingly good. The combat is a little stiff, but the gameplay is interesting and the art direction is amazing. One critic described the art correctly: If Lady GaGa made a videogame, this would be it.

If you're in the need for something original and fun, try out El Shaddai. It's surprisingly good. If anyone tries it out, let me know what you thought.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

I played a while back and I thought the platforming part of the game is cool.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Can you give a brief description about the game, what's it like, thinkgs you liked about it? It sounds like it might be an interesting game.

The demo was surprisingly interesting.  

[quote user="ThriLL KapsuLE"]

Can you give a brief description about the game, what's it like, thinkgs you liked about it? It sounds like it might be an interesting game.

[/quote]

Just download the demo

On topic, I agree, the game is very interesting.  I've had my eye on it for a while now and I really like the art style and the setting.

It's a 3rd person platformer/hack-n-slash with a unique art style, that takes place in the times before Noah, yes, from the Bible. Sounds like a corny timeline but the game actually sells it in a believable manner.

[quote user="Cru Hunter"]

It's a 3rd person platformer/hack-n-slash with a unique art style, that takes place in the times before Noah, yes, from the Bible. Sounds like a corny timeline but the game actually sells it in a believable manner.

[/quote]

Ha ha. You're only scratching the surface, my friend. Allow me to blow your mind with this video right here.

[quote user="dasgetto"]

[quote user="Cru Hunter"]

[/quote]

Ha ha. You're only scratching the surface, my friend. Allow me to blow your mind with this video right here.

[/quote]

Woah. No kidding 0.o

I played the demo and was pleasantly surprised.