Ejecting without leaving the game...

So, the eject button on the front of my console hasn't been working for a while. Usually it's not a problem, since I eject from the Dashboard most of the time, anyway. Some other games let me "boot" the game from the second disc to install the "additional" content. But Forza insists that I start the game on disc 1, and then install disc 2 from inside the game. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to trigger the eject from within the game (going to the dashboard quits the game).

Is there another way to eject the disc, or do I need to send the console in to repair that one, tiny little switch?

And if I do have to have it repaired, does Microsoft have any authorized service providers in the Boston, MA, USA area? (There are a lot of Microsoft offices around here).

I remember a certain other console manufacturer that used to have authorized service centers scattered around the country... Does Microsoft have anything similar?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

It sound like you need it repaired, there is no other way to open the tray.

You would need to book a repair either by phoning support for the US (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269

or using this page.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.