edit country setting in billing information

to purchase microsoft points, how can i change my billing information id i can't edit my country setting(i'm from malaysia)?..

so i've seen another method..."redeem code"...but still, i need to add my billing information which is impossible whithout having to be a US citizen which i'm not...
and there're "Xbox 360 Live Points Card" which i was about to get one...but with this problem, i'm afraid i can't even use that..

if anyone has the information regarding this confusing thing, it would be a great help...

thanks in advanced :)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

ooo...ok

thanks for the explanation...it had been a great help

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The marketplace and all of the Live system is supported by all of the countries I send you the link to in my other post. The 9 countries I originally mentioned are just countries that have recently been added to the list of supported countries. Since they're new, they have a tool that will allow the people in those countries to change their account's region, but they are the only countries who can do that.

Sorry this didn't help.

i meant, supported countries for marketplace...or am i get it wrong?..

Sorry this didn't help.

It's supported in more than 9 countries, those 9 are just the newest to be added to Live and the only ones that migration is available in at the moment. You can see a full list of all the supported countries here - www.xbox.com/.../countries

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks for the answer, Smwutches...

well, i guess i just can't use the marketplace then...after so many years xbox has been around, that's surprising to know it's only supported in 9 countries though...

i think, we should be able to set country in our profile and those marketplace pages in the xbox dashboard should be marked with icons as a warning that the country is not listed so that people like me not getting confused...i've been try to use that 'marketplace' the whole day :D..

lucky for me not to purchase the 'xbox 360 live points card - asia'...if that was the case, i would have wasted RM200+ for nothing...

//i guess, my Xbox LIVE account is pretty useless for me now

Sorry this didn't help.

You can only change your account's region using the account migration tool, however, it is only available for the 9 newly added countries to live (Russia, Poland, Brazil, Hungary, Greece, Czech Republic, South Africa, Colombia, and Chile).

If your country is not supported by Live, you could still have trouble purchasing anything through the marketplace as it wouldn't be available in your region.

Sorry this didn't help.