Edges of screen missing for multiple games

Missing edges of screen for some games, causing play issues. For example II Worlds 2 cant see health bar so hard to tell how much I have left. I have searched all the other forum posts and tried what was suggested on each of them. My tv is a 19inch dynex hdtv 720p lcd screen, using componet cables from the xbox with the hd switch on and set to 720p in the settings. Have tried different settings on the display options of the xbox and tried the different options on the tv for the zoom mode all with either worse or the same results. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey mate, can you please try the console on a different display, just to see if the issue lies within the console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have tried switching the xbox back to normal from hdtv, also tried the 480p, 720p, 1080i, and the 1080p options. The only thing that comes close to showing the whole thing in screen is with the 480p set on normal not wide screen, but still has part of the screen cut off that way. I did also try changing the balck level, which didn't make any difference either.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, I wasn't clear there--by 'display' I meant a different TV or monitor.

Sorry this didn't help.