Eco-Box Cases = Cracked Discs

Okay, so I have owned many disc oriented consoles and a lot of the games that I have purchased over the last 14 years still work. No scratches or cracks. Suddenly now that Xbox has decided to start using these "Eco Box" cases I have had issues. I purchased Smackdown vs Raw 2011 last year upon its release. A few months ago I noticed small cracks on the inner circle of the disc. The game still worked. Unfortunately due to the poor design of the case, the cracks grew and now my game no longer works. I initially thought that MAYBE I had made a mistake (which was highly unlikely, because I take GREAT care of my disc and cartridge games), but I decided to research the issue and low and behold, there is an issue amongst several customers who have purchased games with these new Eco Box cases. Everyone has the same complaint, the  disc gets cracks in the inner circle that eventually grow into bigger cracks and cause the disc to not only not work, but to fall apart piece by piece. Does anyone know I can contact about this matter? I just really want my $60 game replaced. The whole point to the case is the PROTECT the game disc, not destroy it.

The following site is a forum that has my exact complaint along with images further down in the topic:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.189853-Poll-PSA-on-the-Eco-Box-and-Broken-Game-Discs

This link shows a comment of a man that works at EB Games and has seen several returns of games due to this issue:

http://n4g.com/news/533327/360-games-no-longer-using-the-eco-box/com#c-3689350

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 35 Applies to:

i 5000% agree with you, i have had 3 games break, Modern Warfare 2, NBA 2k11 and Madden 11. Someone should really file a law suit, this is ridiculous.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft doesn't manufacter the game cases, that is left up to the Game Developer on who they choose to do that. I would recommend keeping your game discs in a cd/dvd binder. There are many benefits to using one of those including:

-prevents the disc from getting cracked

-prevents the disc from getting scratched

-keeps all your games in one location

-highly portable

-many thieves wouldn't think of looking in there for video games

-etc.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.