- Blackreach. there are 2 ebony ores near the entrance.
- Gloombound Mine, south-east of Windhelm, has enough veins in the mine to make a full set of armor, including upgrades at the workbench and a weapon. There are also several ebony ores/ingots laying around in and outside of the mine( In wheelbarrows, on
shelves around the Orc blacksmith, and so on).
- Redbelly Mine, in Shor's Stone - 3 veins can be found at the bottom of the mine.
- 3 Ores can be found by the smelter in Shor's Stone.
- Throat of the World, the highest point in the game. There are 2 or 3 veins on the very top.
There is also a notched pick axe and an ore vein for upgrading glass items, can't remember the name. The notched pickaxe ups your smithing while equipped and does some shock damage. Kinda cool if you ask me.