Earn your Respect!

I just played a game of KotH, where there were maybe three friends fighting eachother. I fought and defended my "throne" like three times. Then, after the other guy one-move-Sally'd" me as Jade, I lost. He recieved 10 scores when I only got like 1.0's!!! Unfair!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It happens. People get upset that they lose and give a low score instead of learning from it and such. Also, friends tend to toss in 10's and such to boost but it doesn't make sense that they don't do it in a private lobby if that's what they want.

ya its a tricky situation..

i was in a lobby and started to figure out the "king" and other opponents while i waited to play, and when i picked em apart, it started out as 10s, and as i won more, and more their respect scores slowly went down, till it was my friend giving me more points then the other 4 people in the room combined..

I give respect points as fit, if you are spamming the same move over and over you get none if you actually fight I'll give you some.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

I give respect points as fit, if you are spamming the same move over and over you get none if you actually fight I'll give you some.

[/quote]

Why? It's a legit tactic if it's working. If the guy keeps getting punished for it, though, I can understand. I've seen people get hit when I use Hellfire and still stand there blocking. What else am I going to do if they present the opportunity? I spam it until they finally move. It's a normal tactic and nothing wrong with it, either. Nothing dishonorable or cheating with it. The game only knows winning and losing. It's still fighting, regardless of the context you desire to use it in.

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

[/quote]

Why? It's a legit tactic if it's working. If the guy keeps getting punished for it, though, I can understand. I've seen people get hit when I use Hellfire and still stand there blocking. What else am I going to do if they present the opportunity? I spam it until they finally move. It's a normal tactic and nothing wrong with it, either. Nothing dishonorable or cheating with it. The game only knows winning and losing. It's still fighting, regardless of the context you desire to use it in.

[/quote]

Now that I can agree with. I'm usually against spamming the same move over and over again, but if you're paired up with somebody who's stupid enough to sit and continuously try to block Hellfire without realizing that it's unblockable after failing to block it high and low, then he deserves what he gets. But on the flip side of that, you have these morons who spam teleports until you finally get fed up and leave. THAT is why I have an issue with move spamming in most cases.

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spamming is a legit tactic? maybe if you're bad at everything else. Seriously Scorpion is the easiest character in the game, fact. I wouldn't be surpised if the reason your opponent was blocking in the first place was becuase you were spamming teleport or chain projectile. Then switched over to Hellfire when they blocked.

I give points depending on the gameplay, but I do understand that friends will give their buddies straight 10's just for the points towards the achievement which can suck if you're the one stopping them from earning points by winning and as a result get straight 1's. I tend to stray away from KOTH but when I am I only normally stay when people give actual scores and they aren't kids who are just out to boost.

I'm up to around 8000 points...and that's a mixture of people giving me 10's and a lot of times 0's or 1's. Just depends on who is in the room. Some people are kind, others aren't. The best is when you have an almost full room and you have won a few games. Then at least you're bound to get some decent points. If you're playing in a room of 3 or 4, expect it to take a lot longer...Myself, I always give out 10's. Even when I get my *** kicked...after all it's just a game...

Between garbage like that and rage quitters the freezing and desyncing I'm glad I just got the last cheevo dealing with koth. Now I have no need to play it anymore. 1 vs 1 always seems to run way better.

I will usually give out 10's no matter what. The only thing that bugs me is when somebody is amazing with one fighter and will never switch. I played with a guy who was amazing with Quan Chi and won every fight by doing crazy combos. Everybody in the lobby was giving out 0's and 1's but I just kept giving out 10's.

The problem for me is after the guy wins 15-20 straight matches shouldn't he pick a different fighter? I mean we all knew Quan Chi was his main and we also all knew he was way better then us. So shouldn't he try a different fighter to at least mix it up a bit?

I just left eventually but if it was me I would switch it up a bit.

[quote user="LayzzR"]Spamming is a legit tactic? maybe if you're bad at everything else. Seriously Scorpion is the easiest character in the game, fact. I wouldn't be surpised if the reason your opponent was blocking in the first place was becuase you were spamming teleport or chain projectile. Then switched over to Hellfire when they blocked.[/quote]

The game doesn't have this odd 'honor' system you might have in your head. It only knows the difference between landing hits and who wins. It's legit, though you may not like it. I certainly don't, but if the opportunity presents itself then I won't hesitate. there are more than enough ways to get around spammed moves. I do force them to block and use Hellfire. It's a tactic and I do well with it. Nothing cheap if it's in the game and meant to be used. I've seen tournaments for various fighters where both players spam one or two kinds of attacks. Why aren't they banned? Because it's in the game and it's ridiculous to ban them from a single move to use. It's going to happen online all the time. There's no way it won't die out because there will always be people that do it. Now, I don't spam attacks after I get punished once for them. I learn, much like they learned how to get around my first tactic. It makes the game fun, having to switch tactics and styles of gameplay when fighting. I completely understand if you don't enjoy having that kind of tactic used against you. Nothing wrong with not liking it. The point  I'm getting across is that it's legit and playing online will get you to face that kind of player more often unless you play only with friends.

I won't lie, I don't do this around friends because I'm not playing to win with them. I just enjoy messing around and trying out different combos. Fun times!