EA thinks next-gen consoles won't be backwards compatible

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="HaloJolly"]

The playstation 4 controller is no rumor anymore, there was a presentation last night. they call it duel shock 4 and it loks like a mix of wii capture light in the middle and touchpad under this light stripe and sticks next to it. better shape then before but stil look weird. there was not one actual gameplay and that was a presentation for developers. kinda strange. you can share what you play there will be a share button. you can have someone else play your game if you are stuck

[/quote]

So the guy playing Killzone was just standing there for his good looks?

Well you still can't let looks deceive you because I do remember a time when people absoutely slammed the Xbox controller before making a transition to the 360. It's also about getting used to it. Play on any controller long enough and you will perfer it over something else. Same was true with the original and gigantic Xbox Duke controller.

[quote user="CAMAROBOY69"]

[quote user="Bon3zz1001"]

Well for those of you watching the PS4 stream, they just said the console isn't backwards compatible. So there's that I guess.

[/quote]

Yup thats exactly what I was saying way before the PS4 announcement in my previous replies.  The next xbox is going to do the EXACT same thing.   But at least we will finally get a blu ray player. 

[/quote]

Not necessarily. The PS3 uses the cell processor with the PS4 using AMD based everything so emulation is impossible no surprises there. The 360 uses AMD stuff already and if the rumors hold true and it is going to use a Southern Islands GPU or Radeon 6000 series then I believe backwards compatibility will be possible. Whether or not Microsoft do is debatable but their excuse may not be as valid as Sony's.

The playstation 4 controller is no rumor anymore, there was a presentation last night. they call it duel shock 4 and it loks like a mix of wii capture light in the middle and touchpad under this light stripe and sticks next to it. better shape then before but stil look weird. there was not one actual gameplay and that was a presentation for developers. kinda strange. you can share what you play there will be a share button. you can have someone else play your game if you are stuck

Well for those of you watching the PS4 stream, they just said the console isn't backwards compatible. So there's that I guess.

[/quote]

Yup thats exactly what I was saying way before the PS4 announcement in my previous replies.  The next xbox is going to do the EXACT same thing.   But at least we will finally get a blu ray player. 

I won't pay again for something I already own. Unless the streaming is free which I highly doubt it is.

Like I said earlier it wouldn't be a problem. Crazy they said Ps1 Ps2 Ps3 and PSP games. The question is though what if you own some games on disc already?

yea stream games sounds ok, if it works well.. hope it workswell, but they also said it would come in stages, so i doubt at launch ps3 games will run on ps4, oh well though tbh.

[/quote]But they also said you will be able to stream the older console games, so in a way it is...

Lame... Would've been nice if it was though.