EA Sports Season Ticket Subscription Discounts DLC, Lets You Play Early

Companies are getting more and more 'creative' to make you pay more - Beside microtransaction (Think Oblivion's horse armour), online pass (EA, Ubisoft), etc

Activision introduced a yearly subscription (upcoming COD MW3), now EA is following suit with this season ticket stuff ... What's next?

[SOURCE]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The end of gaming as we know it...

OP, I was going to create a thread about this VERY same thing.  I decided not to, though.  With all of EA's e-mails, I feel like I'm institutionalized playing their games.  They are turning into the Walmart/Anheuser-Busch of games.  It's absolutely ridiculous and I may just stop buying EA altogether.  I'll give up ME3.  I'm sure it won't be that good anyway considering ME2 sucked.  I'm not sure I'll be able to pass up Battlefield, though...

[quote user="Lord BaneJ"]

[SOURCE]

[/quote]Well actually, easport.com/seasonticket is the source, but I digress.

I don't know if I like this or not.  Paying $5 per game for 3 days rental of a game before it's released doesn't seem that bad.  I know that it won't have any multiplayer in it, which is a negative.  One thing it will do is encourage me to look at games I otherwise have little interest in.  I rarely play Sports games, so giving a sample like this may change that.

Two things I'd like to know is:

1) Can you acquire achievements (or trophies on the PS3) on these previews?

2) Does the Season Pass move between your PSN account and your XBL account, or do you need a separate one for each system?

Funny, I don't remember anyone making me purchase Oblivion's Horse Armor.

I am pretty sure from the e-mail i received that all achievements and ultimate teams stuff from madden 12 will carry over to retail copy. and you get 20% off market place items for games.

Why is everyone so surprised when a company creates something like this?  If you feel it is a justifiable price and a fan of the genre than it won't be an issue.  Otherwise carry on.  If not enough people subscribe to these subscriptions, than it will die off, and if enough people subscribe than the company succeeded.

Wait, what's this about Activision making people pay more just to be able to play Modern Warfare 3 online? Is that really going to happen? Because if so, then I doubt COD will be a popular franchise for much longer. We already pay out the wazoo just to be able to get on Xbox Live, video gaming is an expensive enough habit as it is, why the need to get greedy when the gaming industry is already one of the few successfully thriving industries around in this deadbeat economy?

The more money you try to pinch from us now, the less money we'll be inclined to give you in the future. Honestly, money doesn't grow on trees, and this doesn't seem like it would be even slightly worth it to pay for Xbox Live and an online pass on top of that for every game you frequently enjoy playing. I do not like where the trends in video game marketing seemingly are going.

This sounds like one of the *****iest deals I've ever heard of in existence. You mean, I can pay you 25 dollars, and with that investment you'll actually allow me to spend even more money on pointless crap that I don't need at a meager discounted rate? AND I get to play rehashed games 3 WHOLE DAYS before everybody else!?! OMG elite pwnzorz, sign me up!! Hell, I'll even give you direct access to my banking account so you can just take out what you need.

EA and other companies will suffer for this move so sure, millions will stop playing game online I know I will remember with us they have no company and they make no money. I am no one Bi**h and no ones cash cow I will stop before I go broke. When I read that EA email last night I told myself no more Hockey for me. I’ll go watch our team play  at home on my TV.

Companies like EA will learn an important lesson…

“You (EA / others) bite the hand that feeds you because of your creed you will lose every time.”

After thought, I would be interested in one payment that includes XBL services all of them under one price includes all games from all developers otherwise….stick this !