EA servers

Everyone knows that EA servers have been a running joke for years now. But what I want to know is, how are they not offended by this? Do they really expect to compete with Call of Duty when their biggest game isn't even functional on release day? Or is implementing functional servers simply beyond their current technological capabilities?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

We will never know...

you should post this on the EA forums, will get your point across directly to EA

They don't care.  People keep buying their games.

I rarely buy EA games, my brother does so I just play  his, the only EA game I baught was FIFA 08 and that were in a bundle I got when I first got my xbox

Is Fifa 08 online still going?  They shut down a lot of server so you have to buy the new game, which is often just a roster update.

Aren't the servers fixed now?

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

Everyone knows that EA servers have been a running joke for years now. But what I want to know is, how are they not offended by this? Do they really expect to compete with Call of Duty when their biggest game isn't even functional on release day?

[/quote]

Did you participate in the beta? You could barely get into a match with a party.

[quote user="Sword Style"]

Or is implementing functional servers simply beyond their current technological capabilities?

[/quote]

Yes it is. Instead of spending the left over money from developing Frostbite 2 on servers, they hired a marketing team to come up with that snazzy slogan.

i hate EA

Wasn't it only affecting 360 users?

Not played FIFA 08 since 2009, my brother always buys the new one every year