EA rep said to try this for "can't connect to EA games" errors...

*** My apologies to forum moderators for multiple threads, but ever since the forums changed styles I am unable to reply in any threads. Every time I hit "reply", the button just disappears and no chat box opens up for me to type in. ***

I haven't tried this yet and probably won't be able to until later this evening... but in hopes that it works, I figured I'd go ahead and post it for others to try.  Below is an exact copy/paste of the "solution" from an EA rep... "power recycle" and all, haha.

Lisa: "You just have to power recycle your modem once and the issue should resolve as this has worked for many players.

Please do powercycle your modem. This is done by unplugging your modem from the power supply and letting it rest for about 10 to 15 minutes and then plugging it back in. During this time, you can reset your Xbox 360's time and date setting to the 11/15/2005 by following the below given steps. 

•           Press the Xbox Guide button on the controller to enter the Dashboard.
•           Sign out of Xbox Live by pressing the X button.
•           Select the System blade.
•           Select Console Settings and press the A button.
•           Select Clock and press the A button.
•           Change the date to 11/15/2005 and press the A button to accept.

Combined, these steps may be able to refresh your console's connection to Xbox Live and resolve most, if not all of your connectivity issues.

Lisa: Please follow them step by step and the issue should resolve.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I had this problem, I think it was 1 of bfbc2 update. Cause when I deleted all the updates and only re-download the 1 that was needed to play then it was ok. U shud try this, it might help. I try to change the date like stron6er explain, but it didnt work. And its not your connectivity issue either.

I had this problem too.  It was very frustrating as I just bought the game.

My solution was going to game cache and deleting BFBC2 update #6 (specifically).  Once you delete it restart the game and it should connect to EA.  I had to do this twice! but it worked both times.

Update #6 is a small update.  It will redownload when you start the game.

Just don't delete the 1.6 gig update--that's the vietnam update.

should add . . . to delete the update, go to the system "blade."  Select Games.  Select BFBC2. Select Update #6.  Select delete.  Then you're good.

yep thats wat i did ^

Okay, now this is seriously starting to **** me off.  Now it isn't working again.  I cleared the cache three times, still doesn't work.  Resetting the system clock doesn't do anything.  This is just bs.

Im getting "YOUR GAMER PROFILE DOES NOT HAVE THE CORRECT FUNCTIONALITY TO CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE"thing is im already signed in to xbl ,tried all the above but no luck.Mofo's wanna spoil my day.D'know what to do now.

ok good its not just me. and BTW thsi is uber frustrating, they need to patch it or get better servers.....

Im back!Turns out either my Gold ended or a payment didnt go through and i got demoted to silver,i got gold again now though.

Wow really they said to turn it off and back on LOL and they pay those people for that job :-( then to set the date back, that’s a lame cheap hack trick for using time trial software, how very low brow solutions, what next are they going to have you wrap your Xbox with a towel? I expect more configuration settings, port forwarding settings and stuff like that, maybe even a call to your ISP to make sure they are set up for gamming. Of for them to say you need a so much a megbit speed for a good gameing connection check with your ISP.

What is special about 11/15/2005 is was a Tuesday aka release day for? Many new games… but it’s the birthday of the Xbox 360 in the US.

[quote user="Stron6erThanAll"]

Below is an exact copy/paste of the "solution" from an EA rep... "power recycle" and all, haha. 

Lisa: "You just have to power recycle your modem once and the issue should resolve as this has worked for many players.

Please do powercycle your modem. This is done by unplugging your modem from the power supply and letting it rest for about 10 to 15 minutes and then plugging it back in. During this time, you can reset your Xbox 360's time and date setting to the 11/15/2005 by following the below given steps. 

•           Press the Xbox Guide button on the controller to enter the Dashboard.
•           Sign out of Xbox Live by pressing the X button.
•           Select the System blade.
•           Select Console Settings and press the A button.
•           Select Clock and press the A button.
•           Change the date to 11/15/2005 and press the A button to accept.

Combined, these steps may be able to refresh your console's connection to Xbox Live and resolve most, if not all of your connectivity issues.

Lisa: Please follow them step by step and the issue should resolve.

[/quote]

Turning the console off then back on is actually a way to test if perhaps another device is fighting over the IP assigned to your console. It's also a way to tell if everything is properly configured and nothing got changed recently within the settings. Not sure about the date thing, though. That's just weird.