EA = Pathetic

I've grown to seriously dislike EA over the last couple of years, despite that I will still pick up FIFA every year due to the fact that I have an intense love for the sport. However, what I'm most annoyed at right now is the "Early Access" for FIFA 14. The game will randomly freeze and crash either during a match or just being sat in the menus. The worst part about it is, I'm not the only one having the problem. All over the EA forums are people stating their issue with the crashing/freezing and the funny part is that EA are purposely ignoring everybody about it! Within the last 24 hours they've answered quite a few queries and issues regarding the game apart from the key issue with the crashing.  I find it simply disgusting that they will take money from their customers with this "Early Access" but completely ignore the fact that people are having issues with it, and it's quite a lot of people. I already knew that EA were pretty sloppy at doing their jobs and aren't too great with customer service but I merely do not understand how a company can have such a pitiful reputation yet still churn games out few months each year.  Customer service is essential to any and every company but it seems as if EA have just stopped giving a damn about their customers way too long ago. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sports games are huge cash cows.

^

Agreed, and you're right -- EA *is* pathetic :D

EA *are* pathetic. Good one for trying though!

^

So, what does that make Microsoft, for example?

:) Finally, Yes EA are/is/was pathetic.

EA are horrible and with their rubbish to try and get rid of pre owned games, lets just hope with the financial giant they are we get some good games in the future.

Welcome to the club.

[quote user="K1NG STAM 6"]

[/quote]

Bob is right. EA "is" pathetic.  Since EA is not plural, than "is" would be the correct word.

And this has been common knowledge for about 5 years...Welcome to the club.

[quote user="Bluntman1138"]

[quote user="K1NG STAM 6"]

[/quote]

Bob is right. EA "is" pathetic.  Since EA is not plural, than "is" would be the correct word.

And this has been common knowledge for about 5 years...Welcome to the club.

[/quote]

Oh an interesting one. EA is Electronic Arts ( a plural) it is a company ( singular) but that company is made up if several brands EA, EA Sports, Bioware etc. And those brands are made up of several studios in several countries.  With thousands of employees.

So which one is actually correct? Is or are? 

Of course while we all agree EA is/are terrible, this has been known for years,  so what does that make the people who buy their yearly sports games?

[quote user="Tatakai no Kami"]

Oh an interesting one. EA is Electronic Arts ( a plural) it is a company ( singular) but that company is made up if several brands EA, EA Sports, Bioware etc. And those brands are made up of several studios in several countries.  With thousands of employees.

So which one is actually correct? Is or are? 

Of course while we all agree EA is/are terrible, this has been known for years,  so what does that make the people who buy their yearly sports games?

[/quote]

Just because a name has an S on it, doesnt mean it is plural. Electronic Arts (by itself), is a proper name, so would be singular. Now, if they would have said...the people (plural) at EA are pathetic, then it would be in proper use. To simply say Electronic arts (the company) re pathetic would be incorrect. By itself, it is singular. So to use the name by itself, denotes singular, even though it encompasses a plural of people and division.

Example.. (James as first name) James are pathetic. James is pathetic." Is" is correct.   (James as a family) The James' are pathetic. The James' is pathetic, "are" is the correct usage.

And the last sports games from EA i played was Madden 06. And i agree that they have milked and milked those titles for all they are worth. and somehow people think updated rosters is worth $60.00 a year.  EA and Activision have made an art of selling people the same old thing every year, it is quite fascinating when you really think about it.