E.A + L(aunch) = F/ail

Everytime EA launches a game, they have issues with their servers causing sometimes days of downtime on a game just bought.  This hopefully will not happen with BF3, but it will.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes, they often have problems at launch with server stability. However, the last couple of launches seemed to me to be less about stability and more about the matchmaking, as in not being able to find servers. That said, the shaky launches and sporadic issues time and again are well worth it just to be able to have dedicated servers in my opinion.

It doesn't bother me now as much as it did in the past. It's just how it is.

We should make a gentleman's wager. I say the servers will be crappy for a good 8 days.

What I don't understand is that when the demo for BFBC2 launched I had fewer problems getting online than when the actual game was released.  I would have thought the demo was a good example of what to expect at launch, but it was iffy at best to get on for me during the 2 week period after the full game released.  I agree with spud I'll just see how it goes and hope it goes smooth this time.

I think no major issues this time,EA will be well prepared and put time in to keep it running smooth(being optimistic)

[quote user="EYEB4LL95"]

I think no major issues this time,EA will be well prepared and put time in to keep it running smooth(being optimistic)

[/quote]

Yeah you are.

Remember you can't spell cheap without EA. I know they alway *** up launch but I will be pissed if they *** this one up especially as much as they have been advertising this game.

I hope that they can get the launch going without any hitchs, but if not it will just give me a little more time to get used to the jets and choppers in co-op. Assuming thats not snafu'ed also

If the server is being a jerk, luckily DICE is giving us plenty of toys to play with while they fix it (solo and coop). If that doesn't help, then pop in your BC2 disk, shite never gets old quite frankly.

[quote user="Domuhnic"]

We should make a gentleman's wager. I say the servers will be crappy for a good 8 days.

[/quote]

I say that their will be high ping and random disconnects for at least 15 days. For an added bonus I say that the official EA statement will be "We had no idea that Battlefield 3 would be this popular."