EA Announces New Need for Speed, Crysis 3 Release Date

EA held its annual investor conference today, in which it announced that it plans to invest up to $80 million in development for games on the next generation console systems in the fiscal year of 2013.

The publisher’s investment is a clear indication that both Sony and Microsoft plan to step up their game with the unveiling of new platforms next year, which are likely to hit shelves before the end of next Christmas.

EA also provided investors with a firm release date on Crysis 3, which it says it plans to release in the first quarter of 2013. The publisher has also dated the release of a new Need for Speed title in the fourth quarter this year.

source : http://gamesanalyzer.com/?p=1101

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hopefully they will take the NFS series in the right direction this time. I've only enjoyed two NFS games this generation, NFS: Most Wanted and NFS: Hot Pursuit, the rest were crap IMO.

If crysis 3 doesn't have the crysis 1 multiplayer I won't even touch it.

Need for speed I'll wait... even hot pursuit got boring in a few days.

A new Need for Speed?

Ahahahahahaha *** no. Not after playing Forza. Never again.

That's nice and all, but the only thing I want to read from EA is

DEAD SPACE 3 CO-OP.

Something they should of had in DS2 instead of competitive multiplayer.

Get a Co-op campaign & a horde style mode & you are all set EA.

[quote user="CollapseControl"]

DEAD SPACE 3 CO-OP.

[/quote]

Meh, i do not really know if co-op might be a good idea for dead space. I don't know if a co-op would suit the atmosphere of dead space. I could be wrong though and i would definitely try it if it does get implemented, but i personally would want to just experience dead space by myself.

^

Co-op would be a whole lot better than competitive multiplayer though : )

[quote user="ChainSmokingBob"]

A new Need for Speed?

Ahahahahahaha *** no. Not after playing Forza. Never again.

[/quote]LOL, understandable.   Nothing competes with forza, and I dont feel like holding down the gas 100% of the race. That takes no skill what so ever.  How many cars is the game gonna come with? and how many cars do u get on DLC?  .  Forza has so many cars and tracks to start of , that I dont even need to purchase DLC....

So this means next gen systems are coming?

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Co-op for DS3 wouldnt be bad but as long as its optional because I think Dead Space shines with the single player experience. Definitely gives that survival/ horror feel to it. Either way I can't wait for that game, hopefully a reveal at E3. And as for NFS, if it's not Most Wanted 2 I'm definitely not interested.

[quote user="DarKzEnergYz"]

[quote user="CollapseControl"]

DEAD SPACE 3 CO-OP.

[/quote]

Meh, i do not really know if co-op might be a good idea for dead space. I don't know if a co-op would suit the atmosphere of dead space. I could be wrong though and i would definitely try it if it does get implemented, but i personally would want to just experience dead space by myself.

[/quote]They could have done it like GRAW. a seperate singleplayer and Co-op campaign. They could have had the co-op campaign parallel Clarke's journey. Perhaps played as members of the military hunting Clarke.