E3 live co-op demo.

[view:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drmumQwh7FA&feature=player_embedded]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Co-op is going to be exciting! Definitely can't wait to play through the campaign with someone. It's gonna make for a whole different experience for Dead Space.

Definitely a new spin on it, Could be fun.

Is EA forcing all their studio's to introduce the Gears of war roll?  

[quote user="barnacle bowler"]

Is EA forcing all their studio's to introduce the Gears of war roll?  

[/quote]

What?

I dont remember the gears of war roll in Dead Space 2.  They introduced it into Mass Effect 3, and I just watched the trailer for DS3 and you can roll now.  So, Im wondering if this is EA forcing their studios to incorporate this feature into the games

^^ who knows but I'm not surprised since a game should improve with each entry. I found myself wondering sometimes why Isaac couldn't roll in DS2. I mean it's not big deal either way. Plus I'm sure after two games of dealing with necro's Isaac finally has realized that he needs to dodge some of this crap instead slowly moving to the side lol.

I agree with you in principal tC, but I cant help but feel that its another EA attempt at redefining an established game franchise (in its third installment, nonetheless) into a more on-line/co-op themed manner. The fact that Isaac could not roll added to the suspense., especially when surrounded.   It seems to be moving away from the horror, and more towards TPS/Action.   Cant say I am trilled about that, but I will wait and see.  Dead Space was amazing, and while DS2 was great, it didnt have that feeling that DS had, at least in my opinion.  I think this is due to EA's shift in focus in terms of where they wanted the direction of the games they published went.  

I dont know man, I would think  a true Dead Space fan would want to revisit what made the first game so memorable, and stay away from the gimmicky TPS,  gears rolling all over the place shooter direction  it seems to be heading in.  

For the record, I do not know enough about DS3 to make a truly qualified decision.  This is just typical forum chatter, inspired from seeing about 5 minutes of video.  For all I know, it could be the best thing they have done to the series.  

I see what you mean but to me it's part of growth. Isaac isn't the same as he was back when we first met him. No longer is he terrified on necro's the same way. I kind of touched on this in another post but basically he knows what he needs to do and he is more prepared for these situations than he once was. And for me, when I play this solo I still think it'll be just as intense (even if I can roll). DS1 was good but for me, I think DS2 was much better (IMO) so for this I'm excited. As long as they have difficulties like Zealot (hopefully Hardcore) then I'm good :) I'm glad Ellie is back, John seems like an interesting character and I'm excited to see how the story continues with everyone involved. This is just a wild guess from me but I think this might be the end of the road for Isaac. I could be totally wrong (I love Isaac) but I'm just throwing it out there.

Do you think its growth or EA's influence in steering their franchises into the co-op/action genre so they can sell maps and DLC?  Not trying to be the cynical guy, but its a trend I have been seeing for the past few years.  Just wondering if it truly is a developer's decision like ANSIdotSYS said above, or some contract thing that says EA has X% of say in terms of game direction...