E3, Dark Souls question, party chat?

Ok I think I've seen most video interviews and have read most articles about Dark Souls from E3 but I was gone for a few days and don't know if im caught up on all the info.    So could someone tell me if the devs addressed how they are going to handle voice, private, or party chat over xbox live while playing dark souls?  Personally I dont care if they get rid in game voice.   But really hope they keep party chat.

I have friends who I know will not get this game and I would love to be able to keep talking to them, one reason I despised modern warfare 2.   I also have friends who I have pretty much convinced to give DS a shot and I really want to hear their reactions while playing.  hope they find a way to keep it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Never heard them say Party chat will be disabled.

I've read a few pre E3 articles that their will again be no voice chat in game.   that's all i've read.    trying to determine if that includes party chat.

As far as I can tell MW2 is the only game to selectively disable Party Chat, and I guess we can say that didn't go over too well.  I don't see Blops having that feature.  So i'd say it is safe to say that COD:MW2 tested it & failed, there's a good chance no other development team will go that route.

I can't even begin to figure out how or why you would even have the thought that party chat would be disabled while playing a single player game. Obviously the only reason MW2 disabled party chat in ONLINE MULTIPLAYER is because they felt that having people on opposing teams in the same party would just lead to boosting. If MW2 was the one and only game you have ever played on the 360, this question would be a bit more reasonable. But clearly that is not the case.....

Had that thought because Demon's Soul's on PS3 didn't have voice, and with Dark Souls being the spiritual successor the devs are very adament about keeping it that way.    

[quote user="Big Red Husker"]

Had that thought because Demon's Soul's on PS3 didn't have voice, and with Dark Souls being the spiritual successor the devs are very adament about keeping it that way.    

[/quote]

No they aren't. Stop trying to cover for yourself. PS3 doesn't have a party system. PS3 also doesn't put an emphasis on socialization. Demons souls didn't have voice chat because it didn't matter one way or an other. It's not a multiplayer game. Not because they demand you play their game in solitude.

Yes they are.   It's one reason they put in the feature of leaving cryptic notes for others and blood stains to see how other players die.    Also seeing white ghosts to see what other players are doing.     go back and read some of the old demon's souls interviews.   They could have had voice enabled on ps3 but they wanted to try out this way of socializing in the game.  

I love what they did with it don't get me wrong and other interviews have hinted that voice will not be in this game either, but no mention of what system and of what form.  Obviously the PS3 will be the same.    It was also a way to prevent communications between invading black phantoms.

Wow Sword Style, troll much? Hey I love hating on Sony too but it is F A C T that Atlus/From Software decided to leave out "voice chat" to make the game harder and have an emphasis on mutual co-operation through other means that relying on voice chat.

"When developing the integrated online feature, Miyazaki felt many new games had what he considered "too much communication in online games which can become a burden for some people,"

"instead of allowing players to write a message, a list of pre-written messages was chosen; not only to make the process quick and easy to use since players cannot pause gameplay, but also was to prevent the system from becoming "a large chat, which detracts from the feel of the world."

Next time you try to troll, at least get your facts ready to support your troll

Polak is correct.

Demon Souls is not a multiplayer game? lolwut? I take it Sword Style's has never played it and is just assuming things. A LOT of the stuff in Demons Souls is geared towards multiplayer gaming (that is, in essence, a solitary experience - it's hard to describe but it most definetly is a multiplayer game)