Dying Light: Summary

In Dying Light, a first-person, action survival horror game, players must use everything in their power to survive until the morning's first light in a vast open world filled with danger. During the day, players will traverse an expansive urban environment overrun by a vicious outbreak, scavenging the world for supplies and crafting weapons to defend against the growing infected population. At night, the hunter becomes the hunted, as the infected become aggressive and more dangerous. Most frightening are the predators which only appear after sundown.

Publisher: Warner Brothers
Developer: Techland
Releasing: March 31, 2014

• At night, the world undergoes a deadly transformation: the hunter becomes the hunted as the infected grow more aggressive and numerous, and something far more sinister awakens to stalk its prey.
  • Free Running Movement, Whether tracking prey or escaping predators, Dying Light lets players swiftly navigate the world by seamlessly leaping between buildings, grappling up walls and pouncing on unsuspecting enemies.
  • Dying Light is set in a vast open world, delivering expansive and varied environments, a wide variety of enemy classes and a hopeless tale of survival where resources are scarce and the infected are not the only threat.
  • Get up-close using a variety of light and heavy weapons including knives, bats, axes, sledgehammers and more exotic weaponry or utilize guns and other firepower to take down enemies from a distance.
  • Why use a wrench when you can use a wrench wrapped in electrified barb wire Dying Light's sizeable crafting system enables players to create a slew of new, more potent weapons and equipment, as well as specialized ammunition.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

survival horror and resource management in an FPS is really catching on.  I think it's a pretty cool concept.  Might have to look more into this game tomorrow.

12 minute Pre-Alpha Footage.

IGN

Have to say that I really wasn't sure what this game was until I saw the pre alpha footage where the game shows a fraction of it's endearing qualities; The free running parkour Mirrors Edge theme, along with a page from Dead Rising with it's apocalypse zombie fest and what would appear to be weapon crafting and some destructible environment to go all wrapped up in first person it's going to be bloody!! ::)) But the best quality is the day and night cycle it incorporates with that chill down your spine and the s**t in my pants what the f**k is around that corner feel!!!  I'm really liking the look of this true horror game and I hope we get to see more in the near future. Goodnight and good luck....

Looks good, and I am interested, but it definitely had a dead island vibe to it.

At least they seem serious about Dying Light (unlike Riptide) www.vg247.com/.../techland-opening-new-studio-to-work-on-dying-light

I didnt realize it was made by the same people lol. That would explain the similarities.

maybe they're taking feedback from both games and adding in a bit of Last of Us realness and knocking it out of the park.  I hope.

^^ That would be great. Can't wait for more info (characters, skills, etc).

I've been keeping my eyes out and haven't seen anything new but I'm sure we'll know.   I'm really curious about it.

I so wish this was a launch title