DW_Malloc failed to HeapAlloc 61529 bytes

What is this error I get when I try to play with my brother? It pops up when I select multiplayer, and prevents me and him from playing. The only way we can get past it is if  just one of us is signed in and connects to XBL, then the other one joins afterwards. Any solutions?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i have the same problem and still can't find a solution. think i might try you're way then get back to you, also look in mw3 forums in case the admin have posted a patch or at least an explanation?

ur way works but still very inconvenient... still looking...

^^What I believe is that you have an update or playlist update that he doesnt have. Do you goth have live?

I got in touch with Xbox support - you have to clean out your cache. Go to System Settings, then memory and hit the Y button when you get to your hard drive and clear the cache. It won't delete your game info, etc. just the updates which you can reinstall. Do it twice and then turn the console off and back on and you will be good to go!

ya I had the same problem I will try that solution.

It worked the 1st time but now it is doing it again! This is the only game that won't let us play the multiplayer. Has anyone else been able to fix this for good?

I called Xbox support back and was told this is a known issue and they are trying to get it fixed within the next 24 to 72 hours. Right now clearing the cache is the only thing they know of that may help but it is not guaranteed!

Does this happen if you play Multiplayer on Splitscreen?? because we cleared system cache twice and then turned off the xbox and it still does it on Multiplayer....... really annoyed!! someone please help me!

This was also happening to me. I had to have the second player signed out initally. Control off and everything. It worked when just I signed in and got to the multiplayer menu and than had my girlfriend sign in. I don't know if it will help but give it a shot.

Good luck.

Me and my friend are having the same problem with online multiplayer but we were able to work around it by joining multiplayer with only one person signed in, then before searching for a game, having the other person sign in.