Durability Question

Does hitting your sword on the wall reduce durability.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Using it at all reduces it some, pretty much. It doesn't take away chunks if that's what you're worried about.

I checked and I do not think that it drastically reduces your weapon's durability. I do, however think that durability is reduced with ever contact of an object. So I do think it might, but just as much as the standard durability drop for fighting enemies. You can take this with a grain of salt.

I can tell you now that when I was randomly trying out the whip the first time, I had to repair it afterwards. I hit a couple walls but no enemies, just seeing various attacks. It does count towards degradation of your weapon, but it isn't a lot so don't worry too much about it. You'll get a warning if the durability gets too low, though.

I've never had a weapon give me the warning, unless I used some special 2-handed attack it had.

I've had my pyro flame warn me AND break. Gaping Dragon's vomit puts some nasty wear on your stuff quickly.

Yeah and those acid spitting centiped things down in the demon ruins broke my blacknights sword very quickly, thankfully though you dont loose the weapon when it breaks you just have to repair it, I panicked at first because that particular sword is +5 2 handed it kiled the pinwheel boss in 3 hits lol.

I always carry one of those repair powder things just in case of running into acid.

Doesn't the repair powder reduces the over all durability to the item?