Dungeon Chests - question

Quick question as I uncovered my first dungeon last night.  In the chest I found some iron ingots, wheat, cocoa beans, string & a saddle.  I tried to do the "When Pigs Fly" achievement, but failed miserably and wound up killing the pig in the process... losing my saddle.  :(     My question -- Do the chests in the dungeons respawn with items?  Or, will I have to go spelunking elsewhere in the hopes of finding another dungeon chest with a saddle in it?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

from what i know and done is find another one in another dungeon, if they do respawn then i don't know how much time it well take.

Items have never respawned in a dungeon chest for me. If so I have a lot of caves to go back into.

Am i right in thinking that these dungeons only appear in easy mode or higher? I've only played peaceful mode at the moment so i can build a decent home base first.

[quote user="VE PsychicAce"]Am i right in thinking that these dungeons only appear in easy mode or higher? I've only played peaceful mode at the moment so i can build a decent home base first.[/quote]
Yes. I am pretty sure that is correct as these dungeons are mostly guarded by mobs of creepers and such.

Thanks,i'm done building for now so i'm off dungeoneering tonight!!

[quote user="The Resistance"]

[quote user="VE PsychicAce"]Am i right in thinking that these dungeons only appear in easy mode or higher? I've only played peaceful mode at the moment so i can build a decent home base first.[/quote]
Yes. I am pretty sure that is correct as these dungeons are mostly guarded by mobs of creepers and such.

[/quote]

They are in peaceful mode as well but they are hard to find because of the no mob. In my current world I have only played on peaceful and found 4 so far. I found them all by just going through cave systems.

The items don't respawn, but you will have a chance at another saddle the next time you find one. I've even found music disc in them. Creepers only seem to drop the "13" one for me, so it was nice to find "Cat". And don't get tempted to use those cocoa beans on cookies. Save them for when animal breeding comes out and you can have an unlimited supply of brown wool from dying your sheep.

if you need to do the Pigs Fly achievement just use the 888 seed and make sure to trap the pig in a box pin of blocks then dig a pit around that get back to the pig saddle it up and ride it off the edge.