Dubstep Kinect Hack

This was posted on Majornelson twitter so i just thought id share it with everyone. Heres the origanal article.

http://www.next-gen.biz/news/harmonix-engineer-releases-dubstep-kinect-hack

I think this looks awsome! I hope this comes out for fun labs or something. I would deff pay money for this. Also, I would just like to add that i think it GREAT that microsoft is letting the community "hack" kinect. It great to see them not sueing everyone who is attempting to munipulate their softwae. Microsoft has been combating priacy for a LONG time so i guess i shouldnt be surprised. Other companies can learn from this mentallity.....(not going to mention any names)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Really nice hack.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

HELL YEAH MAN!!!!! I really hope they realese this as some sort of DLC. heres another cool vid.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=325AhauQJCU]

Yo It be fresh if ya had trails in video!!!!!!!!!!

I might be too old but I don't "get it"?

It's the new cool type of music and it's soo amazing that someone's hacked it into the Kinect, as it were.

Slightly more amazing, according to the thread, is that Microsoft doesn't seem to want to crush it immediately.

I'm still confused? Is it an App via Kinect to make music or is it an App via Kinect to play a Music Game?

Man, I hate Music Games...

I have no idea, sorry... some guy using the Kinect as a camera to get his body movement changing the sound in some random, small program would be my guess.

I have no real idea though.

I think it's an App for being a "wanna-be" DJ, while using Kinect with waiving your arms? No insult is meant by any of that but whew, it looks like it's getting closer to Blade Runner then ever before.

Dubstep is not a DJ...

^

Doesn't mean you can't be a dubstep DJ ; )