Dual wielding 1 handed weapons

Does anyone else feel the lack of a block or a parry has you runing around trying to avoid blows? i am rocking a swors/orcish dagger combo at the moment and I am finding it very tough. Now granted I am only a level 7 at the mo and maybe I have to get used to damage out puts, but I am finding dual wielding 1 handers a bit off putting due to the pure offensive nature of it

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Its true when you duel wield one handed weapons you get no blocking. Its a pure attack perk. Just like in COD when you duel wield hand guns. You cant zoom in.

How did you find an orcish dagger at level 7? But yeah I agree, I'm extremely dodgy without a block ability

Im not sure where I got it to be honest, I did get assaulted on a road by a random bandit. May of looted it off him. I am thinking people who dual wield one handers cannot do it for every situation in the came. Last night i got my @@@ kicked loads by a dragon tring to dual wield. I only killed it when I equipped a shield to block the flames off

Dual Wield must be absolutely suicidal against anything decent.

Draughr Deathlords, for example, are dangerous enough with plenty of armour and weapon skill. *** not being able to block. You'd hit him about four times and die.

[quote user="Miss Pwny"]

How did you find an orcish dagger at level 7? But yeah I agree, I'm extremely dodgy without a block ability

[/quote]

I found one in the cave with the vampires before you go to high harathgaurd, after the stormcloak camp.  It's called -"someone's"-  folley

If you use a power attack as you approach you can stagger the enemy, use a flurry of dual attacks, then hit them again with a power attack. I think you can parry blows as well if you strike at the same time as they do but I'm not sure.

-

Enemies can't open gates/doors either (I haven't found any that do, some might), I've used this tactic a few times against very hard enemies. Fight near a door and when you get low on health retreat and close the door, recover your health then go back for more, gates are better as you can cast magic or fire arrows through without them being able to get to you.

-

Using a perk to get the first level Restoration skill is very useful (50% reduction in magic usage for novice spells) allows you to regain your health if you're safe so you can keep potions for emergencies

"Enemies can't open gates/doors either (I haven't found any that do, some might), I've used this tactic a few times against very hard enemies."

Oh they most definitely do, be a pleasant surprise when a Deathlord opens one on you ; )

I've Dual-wielded from the very start with out much bother. You just need to be the aggressor, best form of defence is a good offence (of course shouts and the right perks help also).

They can open them if they are scripted to open the door/gate, but if you close the door/gate again I haven't had them re-open it. If you are hitting them through a gate some will retreat so you can't hit them, but if you wait or open the gate they normally come back again.

Yeah, hit them with unrelenting force shout to stagger then pounce on them with a power attack and then hack away.  Just one or two enemy's and they will regularly be dead before they can recover.