DSL vs Cable?

Anyone here have an opinion on if this game would play any better on a Fiber optic line vs a cable line?  I was thinking of changing to a Fiber line but with lag comp and all, I'm afraid it wouldn't make a bit of difference.  Just to let you know I play other shooters as well so it wouldn't be just for Cod.  Would it change gameplay on something like BF3 or Gears of war?  Thanks for your time.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Iv just changed to fiber over a month ago, and theres no real difference to be honest not on COD anyways, you may get host  more but that's it, still all the lag. Iv not tried playing BF3 yet so I wouldn't know, but I played a little GOW3 the other day and it was fine put me host of the game so for me I had a little advantage.  

I got 100meg fiber a couple of months back and really the only difference i've noticed is that i'm host every time i start a fresh game,Also things kinda seem slightly speeded up,Hard to explain,Seems a little smoother.Still get lag at times though.

I have fios fiber optic and have switched over from cable (optimum) and just as the other two posters said. I too get host a hell of alot!

With lag compensation being a factor in this game I believe that dsl would get you better gameplay on cod due to it being below cable.

I'm currently running DSL since I live out in the country, and it's usually 50/50 for me & is heavily dependent on who I play with & when...

In theory, DSL uses a more rudimentary yet surprisingly stable infrastructure. On the other horizon, fiber optic uses a highly conductive material to transmit data faster at the expense of stability.

I think it all depends on the host and everyone else in the lobbies connections too, but not sure.

Am running dial-up and i host every game and have no lag...Just Saying

[quote user="RR Kanaye"]

In theory, DSL uses a more rudimentary yet surprisingly stable infrastructure. On the other horizon, fiber optic uses a highly conductive material to transmit data faster at the expense of stability.

[/quote]

Yeah ..... what he said.

And I recon what most everyone else said too. You are going to have lag at times regardless.

The only big advantage you might have with the fiberoptic is that you may be able to run more devices over your internet without it having a bad effect on gaming at the same time.

[quote user="MyGunsABlazin"]

Am running dial-up and i host every game and have no lag...Just Saying

[/quote]LOL.

3. DSL 2. Cable 1. Fiber

note: DSL is not the same thing as fiber.