DSL better for mw3

I played at a friends house for about thirty minutes on dsl. OMG he had no lag at all didn't get kicked from a game nothing. His internet has less than 12mbs and his game play is better than mine and I am running over 50mbs. this is crazy. I can't understand why they would make the comp so strong. I will be down grading my internet this week

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hence why I pay $20 for my cheap internet lol. Other games play fine and mw3 plays even smoother.

Was there anything else different besides the internet? Example: Open ports, A host closer to his location. Because I don't never have a problem and my internet is pretty fast. (Verizon Fios)

it depends were you get your dsl from. I have sometimes its good then other times it is horrible .

Your bandwidth has little to nothing to do with it.  Its all about ping.  Have him go to http://pingtest.net and test it as a site 1000 miles away.  You do the same and give us the results.

Thanks for that link Ghorman...packet loss:0 ping: 75 Jitter:3 Line quality B 1600 miles from St Paul to San Fran

I'm at 41ms to Chicago which is 950 miles away with 2 jitter.  I'm always behind about 1-2 seconds

Count 1-2 seconds in your head. NOBODY will be lagging that much.

You are more than welcome to come play at my house.  Until you do you have no idea.  Way to go ambassador.

another word of advice reaper when searching for a game only go into lobbies with pings running at <50 pings if it starts going up to <75 pings or even at times <100 pings back out an search for another lobby.

^^Thats what I have had to do since the last couple of matches. I think the game is trying to handicap me by putting me in those lobbies. 99% of the time (before the patches) I would be 4 barred in a under 50 ping lobby. Not so much anymore, gotta search to get the under 50 lobbies.