DropShotting

How much of a problem is this going to be in BF3?

No flame, I pre-ordered.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

From the looks, it seems it'll be a lot harder to pull off since you can't just dive prone so quick. Admittedly, I haven't seen too much on it, but I doubt it'll matter too much. Just aim at the feet if they do it so they fall into the bullets. I did that a lot in BF2 and got more than enough people for it.

It was a small problem in the Alpha, but it has been fixed after that, so it (hopefully) won't be a problem.

It has been fixed with an additional delay when going prone.

I don't mind dropping down into prone fast. It's common sense to hit the dirt when getting shot at. As long as they delay firing the weapon for a second or two.

i dont anticipate it being a problem like it is in the CoD series.  The frostbite engine isnt as responsive for these kinds of things, so dropping down real quick isnt really even an option.  That is, unless they totally redid the engine mechanics.  

Worming? Yes, please.

my understanding, is that there is a pause or short animation when you go prone or recover....thus eliminating worming

I think to go prone you have to be firstly on the ground and secondly you will have to go into crouch first so you won't be able to Dolphin dive.

[quote user="hobblejp"]

I think to go prone you have to be firstly on the ground and secondly you will have to go into crouch first so you won't be able to Dolphin dive.

[/quote]

Dolphin Diving is completely different than dropshotting. Please keep this post ON topic.

It's already been confirmed that there is NO dolphin dive.