Driver SF. How do you activate the online pass??

Got it a few days ago, and was about to try the online multiplayer which of course locked without the online pass. But here's the thing the pass is some "U play" thing which is only a 19 digit number. And redeeming requires a 25 digit code.

So I keep getting an invalid code message. Has anyone else had this problem? How are you supposed to redeem the thing?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hmm, if it is a Uplay thing you probably have to link your GT to U-Play. Try going to Ubisoft.com and entering the code there.

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

Hmm, if it is a Uplay thing you probably have to link your GT to U-Play. Try going to Ubisoft.com and entering the code there.

[/quote]

I figured it out. I guess the developers were too stupid when trying to create the online pass with U-play that they forgot to change the codes to 25 digits. So they actually had to make the online pass free to purchase on the marketplace xD

So if anyone else has this issue just choose purchase code, its free now.

At least I tried to help you, glad you got it working. How is Driver?

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

At least I tried to help you, glad you got it working. How is Driver?

[/quote]

Its pretty good dude!

If you liked the original Driver on PS1 then you should love this one. Not some much like Driver 2 or Driv3r though.

Its pretty fun game all around though.

Are all the missions time based like in the demo ?

No there's loads of different kinds of missions. There are stunt missions where you have to drift, drive in to oncoming traffic, jump a certain distance. There are chases where you have to either get away from the cops or stop the getaway. Races and many other types that I can't think iof right now...

The online multiplayer is fun too.

The shift mode also puts a unique spin on the whole thing

[quote user="Bad Instincts"]

Are all the missions time based like in the demo ?

[/quote]

The time limit was only put in the demo to ensure people didn't spend too long messing around in the demo instead of buying the game, from what I can tell. The Dares are often time-based, but that makes sense because they're challenges (eg. Pass 30 cars in 60 seconds) or something along those lines. From what I'm aware, the reason the Driver: San Francisco online pass was killed was because it was so badly butchered. When you start the game for the first time you can choose the 48-Hour Trial. Instead of being told you have 48 hours the window will tell you that you have 999 hours. I suggest 'buying' the Online Pass for the game (it's free), because then the window to let you know how many hours you have will go away.

Driver was one of the more fun games I've played this year. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who was a fan of the Burnout games and other more arcade-y racers.

Thanks Crank and Paul for your answers. I loved previous Driver games but i didn't buy it for the time based missions in the demo. Now that you both explained how the game really works ; i am again interested.