Driver 3 no longer recognised by my console...

My 2006 xbox360 console used to have the Blades dashboard, and played old xbox games...

A new dashboard NXE was loaded onto my console by a hidden update i didn't know about on a new game disk, and now i can't play Driver 3...or Colin McRea 3, or NFS Underground...

As these are 3 of my favorite games (and i purchased them specifically to play on this console, which they did), i am not happy about it and want to know how to get them to play again...

I don't use the console 'online' and don't play new games (the new title that loaded the upgrade was Halo Anniversary), and i wish i had never purchased it now!

Anyone know how to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 69 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the games in question.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You mean opening the DVD drive and closing it again?

Games are on disk and are 'NOT RECOGNIZED' by the console anymore...

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh...I had assumed you had installed them to your HDD and they weren't booting. My bad. Are those three games the only ones affected, or are all of your games not playing?

Sorry this didn't help.

Originally, when the NXE dashboard was "snuck in, under the radar" so to speak, it refused to recognise all of the original xbox games i owned except Halo and Halo 2:

Medal of honour Frontline

Rallisport challenge

Forza motorsport

Burnout 2

GTA III

GTA Vice city

GTA San Andreas

Driver 3

Colin Mcrea 3

NFS underground

After speaking with support people, going to xbox live (never done it before) and downloading the new update, all but the last 3 would work again...

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know how to fix your issue, but NXE never "snuck in, under the radar" there has always been a huge deal made about the updates.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

I don't know how to fix your issue, but NXE never "snuck in, under the radar"

[/quote]

It does if your console isn't connected online.

I bought a PS3 in 2007 but I never connected it online to PSN until 2009 (horrible internet in the area I lived at combined with no interest in online play; I initially took it online only for demos!). 

Until then,  firmware updates attached to games were the only time I ever updated my PS3 firmware at all. I still remember my shock at the update that added trophies to my PS3 in Fallout 3; I thought something was wrong!

In any case, I hope Xbox support helps you get sorted out, OP. Let us know how that shakes out...

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, it did.

You see, while all the 'fanboys' might be surfing the net looking for the latest thing to make them popular, eagerly awaiting a new version of something...i couldn't care less...

I had NEVER connected to the net, and always used the console to play my library of games (games which, by the way, i brought legally and at full retail price) and i only purchased the Halo Anniversary game because it had some extended gameplay...It did NOT state that it was going to remove my ability to play old games, it didn't even say it was going to re-write the console operating system, or even change anything...it just asked me to load some data to play that game...and suddenly, 10 of my 16 games no longer worked...

I don't care if Microsoft want to expand the capabilities of their product, or if Microsoft wanted to sell more new games, or if other customers want these extra functions...that is of no concern to me at all.

I just wanted to use my console, as it was, to play the games i already owned...and now i can't because Microsoft couldn't help being arrogant in their marketing and FORCED the update on everyone, whether they wanted it or not!

Cheer's BlackSilverAce...you're the first person so far...in 5 months of dealing with this who is open to the fact that this does happen.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's pretty messed up.. But, hey. If you just want to play old games, why not just go buy an original Xbox and play on there? You'll have your 360 and you can play both old and new games. You win twice!

Sorry this didn't help.

Not sure about win twice...

More like lose once, cause they took away my ability to play them on the 360, then lose again when i have to spend MORE money to get a second console to do what i USED to be able to do on the first one...

Also, i now get greeted with a bunch of metrosexual catoon freaks every time i start the console...well, i would be if i ever turned it on, but i haven't even powered it up in 5 months as there is no point now...

No wonder so many people modify their consoles...

Sorry this didn't help.

Firstly you don't need to keep making new threads about this, keep it to one.  Second, keep it civil, or you will find your threads will be deleted by the moderators.
Thirdly,  Driver 3, Colin Mcrea 3 and NFS underground have never been backwards compatible with the Xbox 360 console, as I stated in a previous thread created by you.

There are no modifications that can be made to make non supported Xbox originals run on the Xbox 360 console.

Sorry this didn't help.