Drell Vanguard

Does it have a point?

I used it last night with my Talon (damn good pistol) and it seemed to be the most limiting of the Vanguards I've played to date - which is two; Asari and Human.

I think they should swap Pull with Reave because Biotic Charge seems kind of pointless if your target is floating 5 feet in the air.  There's no combo appeal to it if you know what I mean?  The Human can BC then hit Nova, the Asari can hit Stasis then BC.

I did manage to unlock the Krogan Battlemaster last night too.  Holy crap but is he a tank?  1200 shields and health and he's only level 13.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

There doesn't seem to be a point to the Drell Vanguard, as you quite rightly say there is no combo potential there.

-

Now the Drell Adept is brilliant.

The Adept version is awesome.  Pull + Reave = BOOM!

I actually think that a Drell Inflitrator would have been better than a Vanguard.  Mainly because of the skill the Drell has "Drell Assassin".  Can't see Thane using Biotic Charge to assassinate a target but I can see him using Tactical Cloak to get cloase and stabbiing the targets eyes out with a rusty spoon lol.

I didn't think the Drell Vanguard was bad at all honestly. Yes Pull can have the enemy traveling very high in the air but I never let that happen. I use Pull and then do my Biotic Charge to finish off the combo shortyl after, I rarely miss it. I'm also going to respec him sometime next week and see what I come up with.

It'd be great if we could use reagent instead of pull for some nice combos.  

It's good if you pair it with the version 1 and version 2 asari adept for the reave,stasis, and biotic barrier abilities. You also have cluster grenades to trigger explosions along with biotic charge. Pull can help with guardians but you won't need it because of stasis so you can max your health instead of spending points in that category for both the drell vanguard and the asari version 2 adept.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I'm sketchy on the Drell as a Vanguard.....I agree that Infiltrator would have made more sense but they had to keep the classes even i guess.

A Drell Infiltrator makes a lot more sense than a Quarian Infiltrator, considering that's basically what Thane was.

Just found a vid from StarduskLP that showcases how to effectively use a DrellGuard. Definitely has a leaning curve and not for everybody. I did think it was a good class and so i will definitely try this build out. I dont have a Talon tho so I'll work around that :) Anyway here's part of his solo gold run [View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFHyPAOamCA&nomobile=1]

[quote user="Praetorian VIII"]

Does it have a point?

I used it last night with my Talon (damn good pistol) and it seemed to be the most limiting of the Vanguards I've played to date - which is two; Asari and Human.

I think they should swap Pull with Reave because Biotic Charge seems kind of pointless if your target is floating 5 feet in the air.  There's no combo appeal to it if you know what I mean?  The Human can BC then hit Nova, the Asari can hit Stasis then BC.

I did manage to unlock the Krogan Battlemaster last night too.  Holy crap but is he a tank?  1200 shields and health and he's only level 13.

[/quote]

The Krogan Battlemaster is the ONLY Vanguard I like. And he is just insane on silver.  Very fun character to use if I just feel like creating total chaos. Especially if I am using him with the Scorpion. BTW yes the Talon is also a very fun weapon to use. For those that dont know, its a pistol shotgun.