Dreamcast Collection error message

A few days ago, I purchased Dreamcast Collection for the 360.  I've been unable to play it because every time I start it up, the following error message appears:

Return Value 1

Enumerate Content Names: Couldn't Get Device ID for ODD.

I press "A" to clear the message.  The main menu comes up and I select one of the games.  Say for Crazy Taxi, you get an engine startup noise and then nothing happens.  I press "A" again and the same thing happens.  Also, I can't move the cursor to another game. 

As a result, I've been unable to play the game.  Is there a fix/patch for this problem or am I better off exchanging the disc for another or getting my money back?  Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 189 Applies to:

Hi

I have the exact same problem and would appreciate any solution to this. This is the only game in my collection that does this and it is a brand new game. I thought it was the disc and had it replaced but the same problem occurred. I have cleared the cache as a possible solution but it made no difference.

FYI

I had e-mailed Xbox support for help on a completely different matter a few weeks ago and their response was to ask me to phone. I did this and I was left hanging on for 10 mins and so I gave up and hung up. ( I don't know if my phone provider classes thier number as freephone so didn't want to hang on any longer plus it is infuriating).

After e-mailing them on numerous occassions asking for a solution to my problem or for them to phone me they made it clear they could not/would not be able to resolve the issue until I phoned. I have still to have that issue resolved.

Due to the problem with the Dreamcast Collection disc issue I again e-mailed Xbox support for help only to recieve the exact same response that I would have to phone them "as we require more info from you"

Why can't they just frickin tell me in the e-mail what they need or want

Hopeless  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

In a odd little twist, I unplugged my hard drive and the USB flash memory units I had plugged into the 360.  Then I put the disc in.  Surprise!  No error message and I was able to play the games with no problem.  I put the memory units back in, still no problems.  Once I plugged the hard drive back in, the error message returned.  Unplugged the hard drive, left the memory units in, no error message, and was able to play as normal.

I have no idea why this occurs.  Maybe there's something on the hard drive that isn't present on any of the memory units that's causing the error.  I do know that when I first turned on my 360, it updated, and afterwards, I put the disc in and that's when the trouble started.

Also, if you want the achievements, you will need to move your profile to a memory unit from the hard drive and then back again when you're done.  That or you'll need to create a profile and keep it on the memory unit.

Hopefully this helps and hopefully there's a better answer to this, but this is all there is at the moment.

Sorry this didn't help.

Game updates are stored on the HDD, it might be an idea to delete them to see if they are the issue?.

Go to your consoles memory> highlight the HDD> press Y> select yes.

Any change when the HDD is still connected?.

Sorry this didn't help.

I called Xbox Live for support. They did not know about the error but suggested I play the game from XBLA instead of the disc.  That worked for both Crazy Taxi and Sonic, however for Space Channel and Bass, since I couldn't find either game on XBLA (was it removed?) I had no way to download and try this method.  Kind of foolish on Sega's part if many people had to do this?  From the sounds of it other players were able to play without issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same error message here - got this the other day delivered for £3.99

Might as well have spent in on a brick for the all the use it is

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought this was just me getting this error message. I have found a solution that works for me, hope this helps you guys out.

1) Insert the Dreamcast Collection Disc.

2) Press the guide button and return toi Xbox Home.

3) Highlight the option to Play Dreamcast Collection and press X(Game details)

4) Select install and select your Harddrive.

5) Once complete, Press the guide button again and move to the game menu.

6) Select My Games and scroll through the list and select the drem cast game you want to play.

7) You should now be able to play the game you wanted.

There are a couple of annoying issues with this method; you'll require enough space on a Hdd to install the game, everytime you want to play a game you need to follow steps 5-7 everytime.

But wouldn't it be nice if someone at Microsoft would fix this, it's clearly not a user error. Please post guys if this doesn't work for you, I'd like to know if this method doesn't always work(so far so good).

Sorry this didn't help.

The installation doesn't work for me...

it works only after removing the HDD ;_;

Sorry this didn't help.

if you go into the my games square on the games tab on the dashboard, you can find the games there and load them in as if you had bought them separately (if you have the disc in).

Xbox Ambassador.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hell Yeah, it works!!!

Thank you StuardATrueRed

Sorry this didn't help.