Draugr Deathlord

I am a level 15 redguard, with my destruction magic at lvl. 42. Ive upgraded my fire damge to 25%. I have a good bow that does 22 dmg which does 20 shock, and 10 stamina dmg as well. I can barely take 1/10th of the Draugr Deathlords life off. Is he impossible to kill at my level? He is extreemly powerfull, but I know there is some excellent loot if I defeat him, so I want to try. Anybody know any tricks to beat this guy? He usually shouts and knocks me down, then kills me with 1 arrow. I die from this guy with in 30 seconds. Also, does a redguard have the ability to dual weild magica? If so, is that a power I gain later in the game? Thanks for any feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sounds like he is out of your level range if he kills you with "1 arrow". I reccomend having a follower with you, give them a bunch of heavy armor and weapons to do and soak up some damage. I also conjure some flame atriochs(sp?) to add some more help.

I've just killed him and I'm a level 12, sneek up on him, then arrow him, then duel wield fire, before he can regenerat his health, smash his head in with a heavy weapon

Haha, I cant sneak up on him. I dont have dual weild, and it will take 30 swipes with my best weapon, plus he has shout and will push me clear across the room, and kill me with 1 arrow. There's no way you beat him on level 12, unless it's at the easiest dificulty.

You don't need to learn how to dual wield, just select flames with both the right and left trigger to put in both hands. The overlords are a pain to kill, even on a lower difficulty. If you have your force shout fully upgraded, you can knock him off his feet for awhile and get some good swipes in.

Wow, we're having a hard time too, all the you tube vids make it look so easy.  We're at level 26 and he regenerates so fast, any damage done is instantly repaired  : /

Not sure if a Redguard would suit a bow and magic, but then again, I am an Imperial Battlemage. At your level, it doesn't look like you're ready for a Deathlord. Come back later, when you're a higher level and then beat the living crap out of him.

"There's no way you beat him on level 12, unless it's at the easiest dificulty".

Ask for advice then dismiss someone's helpful comment? I hope you and everyone else here can beat him, by all means, but I seem to have forgotten my experience beating them.

If you're finding a Deathlord at level 15, however, it's probably a scripted enemy. Where exactly is he? I've got a 14 Kajiit Knight that I'll give him a shot with.

Right, I've just this minute killed one.

I'm level 31, but bare in mind he'll be around my level too.

The way I killed him, was with the Elven Sword of Leeching that I got after killing the Stormcloak leader.

With my one handed level, it does 20 damage but regardless it absorbs 20 points of health with *each* hit.

So I would suggest using a weapon that also absorbs health, cause my health regenerated as soon as I lost it.

I say level up a bit.  Im a level 48, archery at like 90 with a Daedric bow doing 100+ damage and I one shot them with Ebony and daedric arrows, 3 shot with steel or elven.  

Is this in Saarthal? That's where I found my first Deathlord.