Dragons are not tough? heh...

I am now lvl 43 or so and I am now encountering many more Elder Dragons than just the regular blood or frost.  Those guys can kill me in one breath.  I play on Master.  If you guys think dragons are a pushover.....  Turn up the difficulty lol.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yea, on Master difficulty you really have to strategize.  Use the terrain, trees, buildings, and rocks block the breath and use your shouts/spells to their most as well as potions.  I die all the time to ancient dragons on master difficulty, but its no big deal since you load from the last save point.

They still aren't overly hard, but they are significantly harder than Dragons on easier difficulties, for obvious reasons.

Wait until you fight ancient dragons, they are fun too.

You cannot say they are not overly hard.  I die in one breath.  That is in a five minute battle.  One breath = death = TOUGH.  Like a previous poster said, you have to use terrain, even then you can get dismantled.  I was grabbed out of a hut I was hiding in and one shot(dragon bite ftl).  I still get one shot by giants slam too.  Which btw, I experienced for the one and only time at lvl 42 lol.  (the whole flying way in the air thing)

You got crushed by a Giant in one hit at level 42? I understand characters are different, but I stopped being instant killed by them and could take them out hand to hand at level 23.

Hard for you =/= hard for everyone.

I have a hard time believing that at lvl 23, on MASTER, you were not being one shot.  I have only experienced this once so maybe you are bad for being smashed at 23 when it took me 20 more levels to endure such a thing :)

Always with the negative feedback.  I agree dragons are significatnly harder on higher difficulty settings, but that is why they are higher settings.  With the "resistance glitch" people are reporting it only seems to be amplified of course.  The whole point of this thread was to simply remind people that if they are finding the combat in the game "underwhelming" they should ramp up the difficulty setting.

Thanks, Square.  And also, keep in mind I am referring to the gaint's Slam ability that launches you a mile in the air.

I'm still early in the game, I guess I haven't seen the bad ones yet.  :)

I agree, anyone saying that this game is easy needs to put it on the hardest difficulty.  Or if you want a challenge then wear armor that isnt quite as powerful.   RPGs can be as easy or as hard as you want them to be.