Dragonborn was AWESOME

I just finished the main story yesterday, and still have a couple of sidequests to wrap up, but what an impressive DLC.  I think Beth really outdid themselves on this one.  I could go on and on, but I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about.  The rewards for this DLC were so unique, especially the ability to re-spec.  I was late to the party, but man, was it worth it.  I've always said I enjoyed Dark Souls a bit more than Skyrim over the last two years, but after playing this, it's too close to call anymore.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It was even better for those of us who fondly remember Morrowind. I really wish we could get an updated Morrowind.

As one who's played video games since well before multiplayer, as many of the recent posters here have, I love SP campaigns and Skyrim has been a joy to play, with each DLC adding it's own flavor to the mix. They have all melded into one damn fine experience. At this point it is hard for me to pick out what characters and locations were added by which DLC, it's cohesiveness is remarkable when taken as a single entity.

I loved the solo's for the Halo games, GTA games and especially Splinter Cell, but my first experience in Tamriel has been the best to date. Still jonsing for ESO, that is going to be fun! Hopefully some of us here can play a little together.

I'm sorry I yammered on about being a fireball flinging mage and killed two threads. I will be quiet now.

I don't see anyone complaining Lady B. I for one enjoy your informative posts, as an aspiring Destructo-mage fire-baller myself.

Exactly LadyB, I think this forum has quieted down enough to realize that some statements can bring up random thoughts. You just keep yammering. I enjoy reading your suggestions also.

I really liked Dragonborn. I only wish we could actually steer that dragon.

I wish that beastie would be friendly a bit longer after setting me back down on Terra Firma. My limited experience thus far with using a Dragon as a cab is he seems to prefer setting me down where the escapes routes are not so obvious, then setting me on fire once the shout effects wear off.

I was actually a little confused about my role when it comes to riding dragons.  One of them attacked just outside Riften after I finished the DLC and I thought, cool, I'll just tame him.  But as soon as I boarded him, he just kept attacking the guards.  I was sure I was going to get a bounty, but didn't.  Guess they just thought I was brave for trying to hog-tie the beastie!  The whole dragon-riding thing was the only part I thought was a bit "meh".

It was such a let down after being promised we could ride the dragon it was more like a carnival ride. I liked the horseback riding in Oblivion much better than in Skyrim as well though I did like that Skyrim's horses can outrun a wolf. I once rode into Cheydinhal on the unicorn dragging wolves and bandits behind me. The stable owner took on the wolves, the guards took on the bandits and the unicorn took offense and attacked everyone, except me because I knew better than to draw a weapon. The stable owner cried "I yield" and ran inside and the guards killed my unicorn. Now why can't we have that kind of fun on a dragon?

You'd think riding a dragon would be a LOT more fun than the run-of-the-mill, earthbound unicorn. lol.

I'd like a bit more control of the dragon, just go where I point you, you overgrown chameleon. Not quite flight sim level of control, just more control over it's course. When I first heard riding a dragon was possible, I was picturing that scene from "Avatar" where Jake and his blue girlfriend are cruising around, taking in Pandora's sights, after he gets his first mount. Sightseeing from dragon-back... I was born to do this!

It seems Miirak had a lot more control when you finally face him, then ultimately kill him once and for all. Are we not better Dragonborn' than that megalomaniac?

Everything about Dragonborn was awesome except that dragon riding thing. I felt very let down by it.