Dragonbone\Scale Weapons

Anyone else disappointed you can't make weapons from this stuff.  Daedric seems to be the epitome of smithing, yet Dragon Smithing is even higher in the progression flow.  So if you followed the heavy armor flow for your character, there really is little point in putting a perk in Dragon Armor since you can make better gear in daedric.  Add some weapons in Dragon Smithing so there is a reason to spend those points (and give them better base stats than Daedric).

• Dragonbone Bow:  3 Dragon Bone, 2 Dragon Scale, 3 Strips of Leather, 1 Ebony Ingot | Base Dmg: 23
  • Dragonscale Sword: 3 Dragon Scale, 1 Dragon Bone, 2 Strips of Leather, 1 Ebony Ingot | Base Dmg: 16
  • Dragonbone Hammer: 4 Dragon Bone, 2 Dragon Scale, 2 Strips of Leather, 1 Ebony Ingot | Base Dmg: 29

It's all there Bethesda!  Just give it to us, and make it look cool.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I totally agree with the need for dragon bone weapons.  Hopefully, Bethseda adds in crafting recipes with a future DLC.

I recently came across the Forsworn and their weapons look like they are made from bones (or maybe stone), but the weird thing is they are upgraded on a grinder with Steel ingots.

I think it's higher up because dragon bones/scales are easier (and cheaper) to get than daedra hearts and ebony ingots. So if you really think about it, the cost to protection ratio for dragon armor is much better than daedric is.

Daedric only has a slightly higher armour rating than dragon bone but it was enough for me to go hunting daedra hearts and mining masses of ebony ore.

Daedric looks alot cooler (IMO) than dragon bone and the red areas glow in the dark.

I agree though, there should be some dragon weapons. Oh, and the ability to make arrows, I'm always running out of those.

I'd pay for a smithing dlc pack....dragon weapons, silver weapons (maybe armour), arrow smithing/enchanting...maybe an option to add guilding(sp) to weapons and armour with silver or gold...maybe gems......imagine ebony armour with silver or gold detailing...tell me you don't want that! :P

And maybe it could come with a house out in the countryside with a full set of smithing utilities...smelter, forge, grindstone and workbench...and a big chest!...maybe with it's own private mine nextdoor or something too?

yep...ok...I want this dlc now...go on bethesda...get to work! :P

I love to be able to paint the existing armor in the game with whatever colors we want to. Or maybe getting the ability to create our own individual and unique armor. That would be sick.

Make like...faction/guild/city themed armour eh?....yeah that could be cool...ooh...I'd have to make a set of dwarven armour and paint it black or silver or something....I like the look of the armour...just hate the colour....makes you look like an "oscar" runnin around clobbering things...just goofy.......silver daedric instead of black would look nice too...

^

Agreed, agreed. Daedric Chest = 5 Ebony ingots, 1 Daedric Heart, 1 Leather, 1 Leather Strips + 1 Silver Ingot? Sounds like a plan to me, I always loved customisation like that.

Yes but what about Light Armor? There isn't Ebony or Daedric Light Armo, right? Which would mean the Dragon Scale armor would be the toughest Light Armor.

Also, the Dragonscale Light Armor and Shield are the best looking that i have come across. In terms of Light.

Dammit, I was satisfied with my dragon armor until I read this. I feel like a walking tank, but I've always liked the look of the daedric stuff. And glowing red areas = SOLD. Time to go hunting for hearts

[quote user="Tug Phelps"]

Yes but what about Light Armor? There isn't Ebony or Daedric Light Armo, right? Which would mean the Dragon Scale armor would be the toughest Light Armor.

Also, the Dragonscale Light Armor and Shield are the best looking that i have come across. In terms of Light.

[/quote]

Right, Dragonscale is the highest rated light armor, but Daedric is the highest rated heavy and comes before you learn Dragon Armor.  So if you are going by stats there really is no point in learning Dragon Armor if you can make daedric (yes scales/bones are easier to get, but a few trips to Mehrune's Shrine and you can get 10-20 hearts).  This is purely from a stats standpoint, if you are going for aesthetic because you prefer the look of Dragonplate or you just want to be a completionist then thats fine as well.  However, perks are precious to me and I don't want to waste one on Dragon armor after having already gone through Steel, Dwarven, Orcish, Ebony, and finally daedric.  But if they made weapons, then I would jump on it in a heartbeat.  They can even have the same stats as Daedric, then you could dual wield a daedric weapon in one hand and a dragon weapon in the other.  (I find having two daedric weapons kinda looks plain, right now I use a glass sword and daedric sword...heh).