Dragon Priest [maybe spoilers?]

I just killed my first Dragon Priest. I have no idea what these things are because I am not progressing through any of the main storyline yet, just doing the misc. quests and whatnot. So please, refrain from posting any spoilers for me. You might be asking what it dropped...[I know I was]... nothing! I play on expert and I am roleplaying as a monk, wearing robes only, no magic.

To make a long story short -- it took me about 20 minutes to kill the thing and it did not drop any loot. Like I said, it was my first one. Is this something that happens frequently?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If he didn't drop a mask, then your game is bugged. Do you remember the name or where you fought him?

Fought the dragon priest at Soljund's Sinkhole.

If i remember - Its the quest from a NPC called "Perth".  You have to clear out the Draugr.

I had no loot from the Dragon Priest either. I went back to the same quest at a higher level, and there was a Draugr Overlord.

So try it again in another save (and a different level) to see if it is just that particular mob

If the dragon priest has a name, he will drop a mask. Here are the 8 that are associated with Labryinthian:

Hevnoraak

Krosis

Morokei

Nahkriin

Otar the Mad

Rahgot

Vokun

Volsung

Konahrik

If it just says "Dragon Priest" then it is a standard enemy with leveled loot & NO mask.

*EDIT - forgot that Konahrik (the 9th mask) is only available after the other 8 have been located.

Thanks for the responses!

Here's a tip I learned that is inaccurate:

-

If you run away from Volsung, (which I did the first time I encountered him because he was way to powerful for me) he won't be there when you return and his respective crypt will remain uncleared.  (this is the inaccurate part)

-

I returned after my initial encounter, to see him nowhere in sight.  Then I looked in his coffin and found him napping.  It just takes one swing to wake him back up and start the battle over again.

There are named Dragon Priests and unnamed ones, only the named ones have a mask.  The unnamed ones usually just drop a staff, some bone meal or ectoplasm, and maybe some coin.

[quote user="Spidey1976"]

If the dragon priest has a name, he will drop a mask. Here are the 8 that are associated with Labryinthian:

Hevnoraak

Krosis

Morokei

Nahkriin

Otar the Mad

Rahgot

Vokun

Volsung

Konahrik

If it just says "Dragon Priest" then it is a standard enemy with leveled loot & NO mask.

[/quote]What this guy said; my apologies for not knowing that there are in fact unnamed dragon priests. 

I can't wait to get all of those masks. Got one or two so far. Still haven't visited that maze yet. I assume I want to find all the masks before going there?