Dragon Age Origins DLC's

Anyone recommend me a good DLC to download to play during the main playthrough? I want to keep the campaign feeling 'fresh' on my second playthrough and keep the ones which are difficult till I have completed everything.

Ta!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Only DLC that you can just play in the main campaign are Warden's Keep and Return To Ostagar, and the rest are playable at any point, but act as separate quests outside of the main game, meaning you play them from the title screen, and they all take place after the events of the story, or in the case of Leliana's Song, as a lead up to it that explains her story and how she came to end up in Lothering.

Sorry, I didn't actually do a suggestion for which you might like to download for the game, but it depends on you what you want to do and what you want to unlock in it. Wardens Keep gives you blood magic, that I can't recall the effect of exactly, if you drink a potion and you'll get some pretty cool Warden armor, while Return To Ostagar lets you return to the location from the start of the game and find King Cailan's armor and Duncan's weapons, which are pretty cool.

I'd personally suggest Return To Ostagar for the weapons, and you can play it maybe part way through the game, at least once you've done one of the main quests, but make sure you're ready for a big enemy. I'd also suggest Leliana's Song for the Battle Dress Of The Provacateur, which can be unlocked for use in the main game when you collect the parts for all of it.

Thanks for all your help, I didn't realise they are played seperately. I have actually played both of those DLC's but thanks anyway.

Which one out of the rest are short? Also, do I get to transfer my character to play in them?

Yeah, all except for the Darkspawn Chronicles and Leliana's Song allow you to import your Warden from a save game, although I don't know if you have to have completed it with them first so you can use them to play it. I'd say the shortest of the seperate quests is Witch Hunt.

Do you have the Awakening Expansion? I highly recommend purchasing that. It gives around 30 hours of extra gameplay.

I agree with PlatinumSpectre Awakenings is awesome I have played all the DLC's for Dragon Age Origins and the only one I didnt finish was Darkspawn Chronicles you wont go wrong with any of the rest.

...30 hours?!? So that explains the price...

Cheers for all the help guys. I think I'll get some of the quicker ones to play while doing my 2nd playthrough as well and save the longer ones for once I've finished

Try and find the disk version of Awakening. It was a lot cheaper when I bought it on disc compared to buying it form the marketplace.

30 hrs? Id say its more like 15-20 on your first playthrough.

30 hours would be quite accurate. Origins is longer than Mass Effect and it takes me on average 25 hours to get through that game.