dragon age: inquisition 30 minute gameplay video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8xJMWRI-cA

looks pretty good, miles ahead of dragon age 2...though that doesn't say much. wonder what the guy meant by crestwood being "bigger than all of dragon age 2", larger how? polygons, geography, content, *** size? and a bit funny how he said it's the largest area they have ever built, then in the next sentence he says it's not even close to being the biggest area in the game.

hopefully this is not the final product, there some little things i'd like to see fixed like plants and grass reacting to the character and not clipping through large rocks in your way...though i expect they won't bother with that kind of detail...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've never been into any DA game, but that was a nice video. it looked pretty good.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

One of the things I was concerned about was whether they could keep the same 'feel' of the universe in a new game engine. Thankfully this seems to have put that worry to rest.

-

It's also really good to see the tactical view make a return. It's removal was perhaps my biggest irritation about the combat in Dragon Age II.

Are the DA games as open world as Skyrim or are they more linear?

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Way more linear. But if you played A bioware game, it's essentially like all of them.

Not bad. I thought I wouldn't like it when they talked about looking at Skyrim for inspiration.

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

Are the DA games as open world as Skyrim or are they more linear?

[/quote]

it looks like this time around it'll be more open, but much less so than skyrim. more like a bunch of large hub maps with various areas and missions to explore, a little like fable or kingdoms of amalur.

i'm interested in seeing how the leveling will work, if each area is leveled as a whole or if there'll be regions of various leveled enemies that stay in their own little corner...and how exactly dragons might fit within that leveling framework. 

Wow..of course this is a day one purchase for me..i'm still wondering if previous Dragon Age playthroughs will be combined  into the Dragon Age 3 story and how it will be done being on the XB1 from the 360...hoping for more than just a multiple choice choosing.

^Im pretty sure they have already said it would be like the ME2 choice thing.  Hopefully its better and covers more of your choices.

Well said Beast and agreed..I would like something a little deeper than Alistair is king,sided with mages and Anders was spared lol

@Bootstrap They said areas have fixed levels, presumably to prevent you from going places the story isn't ready for you to go like old school games. Dragons is a good question though.