Dragon Age II worth playing?

So I started playing this game a while back and I thought it was alright. I couldn't quite get into it though.. it was just very bland and boring. It felt like a cheap knockoff of Skyrim. To anyone that's played the game before, does it get better as you progress through? Story, gameplay, graphic wise or is it pretty much the same of what I've already played, which was about 2 hours.

-

Also, not to make another topic, how's Dante's Inferno? Is it decent? I'm thinking about borrowing it from a friend. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Didn't like the first Dragon Age: Origins and the sequel wasn't any better, it was actually worse IMO. The Dragon Age series is one of the biggest gaming disappointments to me of this generation. I absolutely loved the Mass Effect series, and was hoping the Dragon Age series would be just as good and fun, but both games came off as extremely boring and bland.

Dante's Inferno is a fun hack and slash game, but not great by any means. It's worth a playthrough.

The characters are what saved the game for me. The interaction between those you take with you is brilliant and you get some genuinely funny lines.

-

Combat though is the same as in the first game, you just mash the A button to do basic attacks. Graphics wise it is very samey, you'll soon get fed-up of seeing the same places recycled.

-

The story is okay but it has annoying time jumps and you kind of get the feeling that the most interesting stuff happens off-screen. Also no matter what group you side with, you always end up doing the same two boss fights anyway.

Dragon Age; Origins is one of my favorite games (just need the "traveller" trophy for the platinum); but after all the DLC crap bioware dumped on every game since KOTOR, I'd decided to hold off on the sequel until a GOTY edition appears- there should be a demo on the XBL marketplace.

Ditto for Dante's Inferno, which reminded me of a crappier version of God of War. If you like those kind of button masher games (and already played GoW3 or don't have a PS3), you could wring some fun from it.

Hmm.. I didn't play the first Dragon Age, but I heard it was very pretty decent. That's not the case with the sequel, which according to my friend was one of the top 5 worst games of 2011. I kinda see why.. but I'm willing to give it another go.

-

The story so far was okay, nothing too special. I guess I just have to keep playing and learn more about the characters.. then the game will have reached its true potential?! If it had one to begin with.

-

As for DI, it looks good. I enjoyed GoW 2/3 and button mashing is pretty fun, for me at least. Yeah, I think I'll borrow it. Good luck getting that last trophy BlackSilverAce.  

If you haven't played the first game I suggest you play that first as it's better than Dragon Age II.

I think so. It takes a different direction than the first game did, but it's enjoyable. It's just different. The story is really entertaining and I've been enjoying all the characters.

Play the first though. It's worth it. Especially if you're a fan of Knights of the Old Republic.

After playing Dragon age so much then went to dragon age 2, :( I couldn't even finish dragon age 2! the story sucks and not a open world like dragon age, just play dragon age its a very good game but it does have that old rpg feel to it!

[quote user="xDefySpace"]It felt like a cheap knockoff of Skyrim[/quote]How does a game knockoff a game that came out after it?"

[quote user="xDefySpace"]Also, not to make another topic, how's Dante's Inferno? Is it decent? I'm thinking about borrowing it from a friend. [/quote] 
Let me put it this way.  Dragon Age 2 is far better. 

Well, I played it after I played Skyrim sooo yeah.

-

DA2 is better?! Hmm, people are saying the opposite though. DI is good and DA II is meh.

Still need to finish DA:O before I start DAII... but Dante's Inferno was amazing. A lot of games try and steal and clone God of War, but Dante's Inferno is another take on this particular action subgenre in its purest, without trying to force other gameplay elements too much. Made by the same developer as Dead Space.