Dragon age 2

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about getting dragon age 2 but I didn't play the first one. Is it easy to pick up the story etc, or does it tie in at all from first to second. Also is it a game worth getting?

Cheers!

Discussion Info

Last updated September 19, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd recommend playing Origins first, not only because of the story but it's also a far superior game.

DA 2 had better combat though (my opinion). Definitely worth a playthrough or two.

The games are not exactly connected, but there are PLENTY of references in the second about the first. It's highly recommended to play both. Plus they are both cheap.

You don't have to have played Dragon Age 1 to understand whats going on in DA2. I'd recommend you do though. And yes, the game is awesome and I highly recommend it.

I was hanging back on buying Dragon Age 2 (waiting for a GOTY edition with all the dlc), but I stumbled upon a deal at Best Buy.

Best Buy has an in-house game magazine which has coupons. The latest edition had a coupon for $15 off DA2-making the game $5 total!

$5 for a brand new game is always an awesome thing, so if you have any interest in Dragon Age 2 (I bought it for my PS3 but 360 versions also worked with coupon), I would definitely check out your local Best Buy for that magazine/coupon...

IMHO, get Origins (arguably the best RPG this generation) and completely forget about the dumbed-down embarrassment that was DA2. It's not even worth the $5.

I cant agree more with what everyone else is saying, DA2 is more or less all the same setting, DA1 has various settings and is ALOT more enjoyable even for multiple playthroughs.

I loved it so much im looking to get it again, Its a classic that will never die

get origins as it gives you back ground in the religion and hate for mages.  as well as elven slavery.

the only thing DA2 did better was combat, everyhting else was worse

-

if you get the magazine at best buy you can get DA2 new for $5. with the coupon in the magazine.

[quote user="US Revenge"]

if you get the magazine at best buy you can get DA2 new for $5. with the coupon in the magazine.

[/quote]

That's what I did this week. Got the PS3 version of DA2.

Just started another playthrough of DA:O this morning; gonna play through the original again (I just need the traveller trophy for the platinum!) before I start in on the sequel...

get ready to face palm at DA2. honestly worst sequel this gen I think.

[quote user="US Revenge"]

get ready to face palm at DA2. honestly worst sequel this gen I think.

[/quote]

Agreed. I can think of a lot of horrible sequels this generation, but DA2 is right near, if not at the top of the crap-pile.